Chapter 13 - Broken

"How was work?" Jenny asks as Buck walks through the front door of her apartment. He tosses his keys down on the counter and kicks off his shoes by the door.

"It was wonderful." Buck says in a sarcastic tone. Walking over next to the couch.

"What happened?" Jenny turns away from her laptop, "Are you alright?"

"I'm pretty sure Chimney hates me." Buck sets down his bag and walks to the bathroom.

"Did you tell him that we saw him and Addie?" Jenny smirks as she stands in the doorway watching him wash his face. He grabs a washcloth and holds it to his face.

"Oh yeah. I did. I thought he'd be fine with me teasing a bit and asking questions because he did that to me, but apparently he can't handle." Buck throws his washcloth at the counter and walks past her.

"He's mad because you asked questions?" Jenny asks, following him to the bedroom. He walks into the closet and returns with a t-shirt in his hands.

"Well, Bobby overheard." Buck sighs as he pulls the new shirt over his head.

"Ahh." Jenny crosses her arms and leans against the door frame.

"I don't understand why it's that big of a deal."

"Evan. His situation is different than yours and you know that. I'm not your boss's niece. Yeah, your situation is weird because you dated my aunt, but still." Jenny walks up behind him and puts her hand on his shoulder, "You need to give him some sympathy."

"He doesn't want my sympathy anymore. He didn't talk to me all day." Buck sits down on the side of the bed, "I messed up, Jenny. I really messed up. I didn't mean to, but I did."

"I'm not going to sit here and pretend like you didn't, but you still need to try to make things right." Jenny looks at him and sticks her hand out for him to grab, "Come on."

"Where are we going?" he takes her hand reluctantly.

"To make things right between you and your friend."

"Jenny... I am the last person he wants to see right now." Buck stands up.

"That doesn't matter. He's still your friend, and your coworker. You need to at least be on speaking terms." Jenny pulls him towards the door.

"He's not ready, and neither am I."

"When will you be ready, Evan?" Jenny looks at him. He stands there in silence. "Exactly. It will be a while before that happens."