Chapter 7 - Promises

"Hi. I'm looking for sergeant Grant?" Addie asks looking down at the email on her phone. It's her first day as a part of the LAPD. She is standing in the middle of a bustling office, officers going every which way.

"Addie." Athena calls from down the hall. Addie looks up, surprised. She looks around for where the voice came from. "Over here."

"Wait... Athena?" Addie looks confused. She walks over to Athena and looks at her. "You're sergeant Grant?"

"Yes, I am sergeant Grant-Nash." Athena smiles, "I'm training you. Bobby asked if I could keep an eye on you. He wants you kept safe, and he only trusts me with that I guess."

"Well, I'm glad I get to spend some more time with you." Addie smiles.

"Me too. Your Uncle Bobby thought this would be a good way for us to get to know each other." Athena says just as the radio begins to crackle, "Sounds like we need to go."

"Already?" Addie asks, excitedly.

"Already." Athena laughs, "Come on, let's go." Athena leads her out to her squad car, and gets into the drivers seat. "Ready for your first day?"

"As ready as I will ever be." Addie laughs, climbing into the passenger seat.

A few hours and a few calls later, Addie and Athena are sitting in the squad car eating lunch. "So..." Athena smirks.

"What?" Addie asks as she takes a bite of her sandwich.

"How's Chimney?" Athena smiles as Addie chokes on the bite of food.

"What do you mean?" Addie asks as she clears her throat. Athena laughs as she sets down her sandwich.

"You two seemed pretty friendly at the bar last night." Athena smiles. She takes a drink of her water, watching how Addie reacts. Addie looks embarrassed, trying to hide her face by looking the other way.

"Oh... No, no. That was nothing. He's just really nice." Addie blushes and continues to eat.

"Uh huh... Lets see if your uncle Bobby buys that." Athena laughs.

"Buys what?"

"That there's nothing going on between you two."

"I promise there isn't." Addie wipes her face on her sleeve.

"Ok fine... What if I promise not to tell Bobby?" Athena asks, "It's between us girls."

"I swear. We are just friends." Addie blushes even more.

"Alright... If you say so." Athena laughs as she continues to eat.

"We are! Howie and I are just friends, nothing more." Addie looks over at her.