Chapter 23 - Funny

"So..." Hen says after helping Addie and Chimney into his apartment.

"So what, Hen?" Chimney asks. Addie sits down on the couch, resting her leg on the coffee table.

"Y'all aren't going to listen to Bobby, right? Come on. I know you guys are going to share that bed in there." Hen laughs.

"What? Uh... No... No..." Addie looks at the ground.

"Alright, whatever you say... Do you need help getting anything set up?" Hen asks.

"Just grabbing things up high since I can't reach on my crutches, and Howie can't with his arm... What do we need down, Howie?" Addie asks.

"Well... I guess the sheets and extra pillows... Maybe a few towels?" Chimney looks at Hen, "They're all in the closet in the bathroom."

"Sure thing, Chim." Hen says as she walks to the bathroom.

"Well, this isn't how I anticipated our first night together going..." Addie chuckles as Chimney sits down on the couch next to her.

"Me either... You know you don't have to sleep on the couch, right?" Chimney asks.

"I know... But with my Uncle Bobby now having a key so he can check on us? I don't want to risk anything." Addie laughs.

"Yeah, I guess you are right." Chimney says, "But maybe eventually we can finish what we tried to start on the day of the accident."

"Well... Yeah. Of course someday... But obviously right now we both have casts and are in pain... Plus, you just had major surgery..." Addie's face blushes as she rambles on.

"Addie. Addie. Calm down. It was just a joke." Chimney says, "We don't have to do anything that you don't want to do."

"Thank you." Addie whispers.

"Alright! Here you go." Hen walks back into the living room and sets the pillow, sheets, and towels down on the coffee table, "I didn't interrupt anything, did I?"

"No, you're good... It's just a big step for us. First night in the same apartment and all." Chimney says.

"I understand... At least it helps that Addie is planning to sleep on the couch, I guess." Hen says.

"I am! Why don't you believe me?" Addie laughs.

"I do believe you... I just think that seeing you squirm is funny." Hen smirks.

"It is pretty funny." Chimney looks over at Addie. She punches him in the shoulder. "Ow! Hey!"

"That is also pretty funny." Hen looks at Addie and laughs.