Chapter 79 - News

"Athena? Athena!" Hen calls, as she spots Athena sitting on a bench near the scene of the shooting, "Athena!"

"What?" Athena cries as she looks over to Hen. Hen walks up next to her and stares at her.

"Hey. It's alright." Hen wraps her arms around Athena.

"How is it alright? My husband hates me." Athena looks down as tears stream down her cheeks.

"Listen to me. He doesn't hate you." Hen puts her hand under Athena's chin.

"He wouldn't even talk to me other than to tell me to stay here." Athena looks up slightly.

"He's just freaked out, ok? He doesn't hate you... He's just scared." Hen sits down next to her.

"He's never told me to not talk to him. Never." Athena wipes the tears off her cheek.

"I know... But just give him some grace. This is really really hard on him." Hen says as she puts her arm around Athena's shoulders.

"This is all my fault, Hen." Athena cries.

"Don't say that." Hen says, "It's not your fault."

"But it is. If I hadn't hesitated it could have been me instead of her. God, why couldn't it have been me." Athena sighs, before crying into her hands.

"You can't say things like that, Athena. This isn't your fault. No one could have predicted it." Hen looks at her, "And you can't wish it was you either. That's not fair to you."

"I still shouldn't have let her go without me." Athena looks over with her eyes filled with tears, "It's my mistake that caused all of this."

"I understand that, but you still can't blame yourself. It would have happened whether you stopped or not." Hen sighs.

"How do you know?" Athena looks down and wipes her eyes.

"I guess I don't for sure... But more than likely, someone still would have gotten hurt." Hen says, softly.

"Bobby is so mad. He wants nothing to do with me." Athena leans her head into her hands.

"That is not true. He loves you, he feels terrible about what he said to you, and he thinks that you hate him." Hen says calmly.

"Why would I hate him?" Athena looks up.

"I don't know. But he thinks that you do... Please, come back to the hospital with me." Hen says.

"Fine." Athena nods as she stands up, "Is there any news on Addie?"

"Not yet." Hen sighs as her and Athena walk over to the ambulance and make their way back to the hospital.