Chapter 1

Josephine

How is it already 11am? Shit, shit, shit! I jump quickly off the hotel bed and rush into the shower. After washing my hair with overpriced shampoo and conditioner, I grab two towels one for my hair and one for my body to quickly dry myself off and run back into the room.

"On my way." Dana's text reads. Shit! My meeting for my new film is in about ten minutes and she is going to be picking me up like now!

I place on a pair of white laced panties along with a white laced bra. I run quickly to the closet to grab a white blouse along with a pair of dark-washed jeans. How the hell am I going to blow dry my hair in 1 minute? I quickly get that thought out of my mind and pull my hair up into a bun leaving tiny strands of my loose blonde hair on the sides. 

I usually do not wear any makeup and if I do it's very light or natural. I place my socks on along with my ankle black heel dress shoes on right after. I hate rushing, usually I am awake maybe three or two hours before any important event but I must of shut my alarm off because of the lack of sleep last night. 

"You won't be anything, you won't succeed and I'll make sure of that." my mother shouts at me. "I will, I will succeed and follow my dreams and you will not stop me!" I yell in return to her hand hitting right across my cheek making my head to turn in disbelief. I leave my mother's house quickly as tears run down my face in the uber on the way back to my hotel.

Last night still replays in my head like it happened seconds ago. My mother has never been very fond of me following my dreams in getting into the world of fame but it's really not my intention to just be "Famous". I enjoy acting so much and I've had so many opportunities to do what I love and my career is just beginning and I'm so thankful of how far I've come. 

My mother always wanted me to be a doctor, as she is but that was never, I mean never come across in my mind as something I wanted to do. I wouldn't think much of it because I thought she would be supportive in my dreams of becoming a actress. She let me to little things when I was younger as like a extra in a film or TV show but I've only had a couple major roles but nothing big until my now new upcoming project. I'm in perth at the moment, my hometown to have meetings and things such for my new film which I'm extremely excited about. 

I've never been very I guess "social" or active on social media which also makes my mother mad for some reason? Social media has never been so important to me as I like to keep my private life private and my public life public. I know my supporters respect that which makes me so very grateful for them but my mothers wise words are, "If your gonna be famous, be active on social media, you'll make a lot of money off of the posts which obviously your supporters will get you that money by liking them.. right?" It's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard her say and I hear a lot of dumb things come out of her mouth.  It's not about the money and for her to think of me to use my supporters makes me want to throw up because that's never and will never be my intention. ever. 

Once the limo arrives about five minutes later Dana texts me and let's me know she's parked outside of the hotel. I hurry out of my hotel onto the elevator and out of the doors to paparazzi crowding the doors getting in my way of getting to the car with flashing cameras everywhere. 

I hear the limo door shut as the paparazzi is still flashing lights at me expecting Dana or my security guard to come out and help me on my way into the limo. 

"Hey, hey, Back off her, yeah?" A man with a dark english accent says as he walks over to me putting his arm around my shoulders leading me to the limo. I look up at him and he's tall, handsome, wearing black jeans along with a white top and his brown hair is short, not too short with buzzed down sides. He looks back at me, making eye contact as he leads me into the limo and shutting the door for me. 

But who is he?

"Thank you hero." Dana says next to me in the seat. "Yeah, yeah."he says sitting across from me in the limo. 

I wipe the strands of hair away from my face. "Thank you so much, I appreciated that." I say with a slight confused expression. 

"Hero, you didn't introduce yourself to Josephine yet, haven't you?" Dana says, noticing my odd facial expressions. 

He rolls his eyes and I giggle. "No, I didn't. I'm Hero, Dana's-" He places his hand up to his mouth to cough. "Your- managers son." He's Dana's son....I never even knew she had a son?? He looks about my age maybe a little bit older but he is awfully handsome and I feel some sort of attraction to him but to his face..not his attitude. 

"Oh, well thank you.. Dana's son." I giggle. 

"It's Hero, Ms Langford." he says and leans up in his seat. 

"You call me Josephine please," I say and look out the window slowly waiting until we arrive at my meeting. 

*********

Thank you for reading the first chapter of my new book ! Please comment and vote! 

Much Love, A.♡