Chapter 60

Hero

"What the fuck." I say again.

"What..what the fuck!" I yell.

"Let me explain.."my mother begins to say and I place my hand out in front of her face to stop her and Jo's hand is over her mouth still and she's tearing up. "I thought you were fucking dead!" I yell.

"Hero stop yelling!" she says.

"Stop yelling?" I laugh. "I thought you were fucking dead! And then I'm on a walk and bump into you pretending and hiding yourself? Who the fuck does that!" I scream and place my hands over my face and walk away for a second to breath and walk right back over. Jo is panting, "I-..I have never been so confused or shocked or..I don't even know what to say." Jo breaths and leans against the fence along the boardwalk.

"This wasn't supposed to turn out like this." My mother says.

"What the fuck do you mean it wasn't supposed to turn out like this?" I yell. "You faked your fucking death, who. the. fuck. does. that." I yell and sit down on the bench and rest my face in my palms. "God this is fucking insane," I mumble to myself.

She folds her arms across her chest, "Well..how are you guys.?" she has the audacity to ask and I lift my head up and shake my head and let out a little laugh. I look at Jo who's looking at my mom with wide eyes with her fingers against her mouth. "How are we?" I say. "You are seriously asking how we are?" I laugh and shake my head.

"We're great, actually." Jo says and nods pinning her lips together. "More than great, amazing." she lets out a beautiful smile which I can tell is fake. "Mother- You are so.." I begin and laugh and people who are around us are just staring at us and listening to this entire conversation, well I bet those nebby sons of bitches are. "Hero, can we just talk....uh.." she begins and looks around at all the people around us as she pushes her dark brown hair which she had to of dyed behind her ear. "I want to talk, talk in private..not in public with all..these uh people-" she begins before I stand up and pat my hands on my jeans and laugh. "You wanna talk in private?" I ask and she begins, "Yes, I do-"

"Why? You don't want everyone how much of a bad person you are?" I raise my eyebrow and she looks down. "How you faked your fucking death? You had me miserable, I almost called off my mother fucking wedding because of your whatever so called death you son of a bitch!" I yell and Jo grabs my hand. "I think we should just leave-" she begins before I whip away my hand from hers and look directly at her raising my eyebrow looking mad, frustrated, and confused. I bet I look fucking crazy to her but I don't care. How does she just wanna leave when there is so much to be said, so much to be done. "Leave? There is so much that I need to say, how could we just leave?" I say shaking my head.

"Because I believe this is a waste of our time, Hero." she says and sighs. "You're right but-" I stop mid sentence and look down and sigh. I don't even know what I need to say, but I feel like there is so much I need to say and so much I need to hear. I turn to look at my mother. "Rob? He called-" I begin.

"I made him say everything." she says cutting me off and I let go a big breath and laugh rubbing my temples. "Son of a bitch." I let out a little laugh shaking my head looking down then rubbing my hands through my hair. "How could you just do this?" I ask.

"I-I.. I don't know." she sighs and rubs her arms. "You don't know?" I ask raising my eyebrow. "It's been what.. over a year since I've seen you guys? Why does this bother you guys so much?" she asks.

"Why does it bother us so much?" Jo asks with widen eyes. "You're seriously asking us that?" she says and I see her begin to tear up. "Because, even though you don't care about us, this or that-" she begins before my mother cuts her off. "I care about you guys-" she says and Jo cuts her off.