Chapter 59

Hero

My father, Mercy, Titan and my step mom Andrea came over for Christmas. Along with Jo's father Stephan  with his wife Lisa and her son Ethan and his wife Leanne, and their 1 year old daughter Isabella. Joc also brought  Riley and Tommy. I haven't seen them since last year. They finally met Nora. Riley's now 11 and she was so ecstatic to meet her niece. She was telling us how she'd love to come babysit and we just laughed and said sure. Tommy is now 7. He was careful with holding her because I helped him but Nora's now four months old. Absolutely wild. 

Jo and I just arrived in Los Angeles. We took Nora. We couldn't leave her for three months. I'll be working from home this entire three or four months, if I really need to fly back I will but I don't plan on it. Mia said we could stay with her but Jo's manager got us a premium bedroom hotel. We brought a lot of stuff, when I mean a lot of stuff we have four suitcases. Nora's stuff, mine and Jo's and some other extra things we will need for these next months. Mia said she will watch Nora a couple days so me and Jo can relax or well Jo can relax after filming at our hotel. 

"Here we are." Jo says after placing Nora down in her car seat on the floor and I push in the suitcases the worker helped us bring up here. "This is nice." I say and she nods and just falls back onto the large couch and I chuckle. "Are you tired?" I ask. 

"Sorta, I slept the entire plane rides, and Nora did so good I don't know why I'm exhausted." she sighs and pushes her face into the pillow. I laugh and shut the hotel door and walk over to the large city view we have. It's around 5 so the sun is setting, this is so familiar. 

After looking at the view for a couple minutes, then it hits me. "Oh my god, Jo." I say still looking outside. 

"What. Hero." she says sounding sarcastically mad with her face still squashed into the pillow. "Come here, right now." I say and she moans into the pillow, "No, I'm comfortable." 

"Jo, do you recognize this view?" I ask. "Huh?" she plops up adjusting her grey hoodie and walks over to me. 

Once the hotel door shuts I go to Jo who is still staring outside at the beautiful view of los Angeles and I wrap my arms around her waist and lean my head on her shoulder.

"Is it different than Perth?" I ask.

She nods. "Very different, I don't know if I'll get used to it." She lets out a slight laugh of relief and sadness. She turns around and looks at me until I feel a pair of tiny arms wrap around my waist. 

"Oh my god." she says coming closer to me and I place my hands on her shoulders and she turns to look at me and smiles.

"There is absolutely no way this is the hotel I stayed in when I was filming that movie when we met." she says with her mouth open. "Jo, I think it is." I laugh. "This is the hotel you snuck in everyday to see me without getting your mom to see you." she laughs into a sigh. "We were acting like literal children, it's funny to think about." I laugh.

"I know, so many memories." she laughs. She turns around and places her arms around my neck, "This is absolutely crazy who would of thought." she says and something pops into my mind. "Let's go to that burger place." I say and she looks at me confused. "What burger place?" she asks. 

"Chicken burger, hickey." I say and raise my eyebrow and her eyes go wide. "Let's do it." she places a kiss on my cheek. 

After a couple minutes she quickly throws some curls into her hair and then changes into a blowy plaid slim skirt with a long sleeve black top and some black wedges. I keep my regular black jeans and plain black shirt and leather jacket. 

We went to Mia's and Nora is gonna stay the night and then it's around six when we get to the burger place. 

"This is so funny." she says as we sit down.