Chapter 61

Hero
"You need a refill on your water?" Marcos says to me as I hit a last punch to the punching bag.

I take my gloves off and set them down on the bench, "Yeah, please. If you don't mind man." I say and throw him my water bottle and he walks away with it as I sit on the bench and run my hands through my hair. I grab my phone and see a text from Jo from 5 minutes ago.

"On break." her text reads and I call her.

Jo did rehearsals all last week and today's the first day of shooting for her. It's monday, and on thursday when she was rehearsing I saw this boxing gym right down the road from the hotel. It seemed like something I can do to make time to faster and it's great to let my anger out. Honestly, I actually enjoy it.

"Hey." I say into the phon as she picks up on the first ring.

"Hey, how's that boxing going?" she asks. "It's going good. Letting me get everything that happened last weekend out." I say. "I miss you." I add.

"I know. I'm sorry the minute I get home from rehearsals I was just exausted. But I promise we can spend more time together since filming finally started." she says and sounds happy into the phone.

"Here dude," Marcus throws me my bottle and I nod at him.

"Oh yeah, what kind of time together?" I say and she laughs into the phone. "Laying together, movies, dinner." she says and I sigh into the phone. "We usually do that though, we lay together every night." I say.

"Yeah, to sleep. I just wanna have some more one-on-one time together. Nora is fine at Mia's but I wanna spend time with both of you."she says and I sigh. "Agreed. Here, I'm going to be leaving here soon so I'll see you at the hotel?" I say.

"Okay, love you." she says and I tell her I love her back and hang up.

"I wish I had that type of love, or just love in general." Mark sighs sitting next to me on the bench squirting his water into his mouth. "My life is boring as fuck man." he laughs and I laugh shaking my head. "You'll find someone. I never thought I would but now I'm engaged and have a kid."

He laughs, "I don't want kids, I just want a wife. I had a girlfriend for 4 years, then she broke up with me when I said I didn't want kids." he says. I never wanted kids, never thought I'd have any either. But when I imagined having a kids with Jo for the first time, my mind changed immediately.

"I didn't want kids either." I say running my hands through my hair.

"Then what made you want to have your daughter?" he asks.

"Well," I sigh. "You just have to be with the right person. Before Josephine I didn't want a relationship with anyone or kids for that matter and then suddenly, boom. I'm all about that now and damn would I want another kid but we can't have one right now but if I could have another one, I would man." I nod.

I arrive back to the hotel after picking up Nora from Mia's. It's around four and Jo should we back from filming anytime soon. I lay Nora down in the rocker and I quickly hop in the shower after I've been boxing all day. Mia said she gave Nora a bath and changed her clothes so I didn't need to worry about it, she's a lot of help.

As 20 minutes pass and I changed into black jeans and a black top, of course. I'm laying on the couch playing with Nora, the hotel door opens. I jump up and place Nora in her rocker and run to the door. 

Jo is shutting the door and turns around and jumps as I'm guessing I scared her. Her feared face quickly turns into a smile quickly and she drops her bag and jumps into my arms. "God I missed you." I say into her neck and she pulls back placing a kiss on my lips. I let her go and she grabs her bag, "I missed you too. It's only five so we have the rest of the night...to do whatever we'd like." she winks and taps my cheek and walks into the bathroom.