Chapter 36

Josephine 

I feel like shit, it's the next morning and Hero's not in bed. Did he even come to bed? Is he really that upset with me? 

I decide I should get up so I do just that. I go use the bathroom, pull my hair into a side ponytail and place my black glasses on and adjust my hoodie. I walk out of the bathroom and down the hall to Hero in the kitchen cooking bacon and eggs. "That smells good." I say walking closer and leaning against the wall catching him off guard. 

He looks up at me as he's cooking the eggs. "Yeah," he sighs placing the eggs onto the plate. "I made you some, here." he says and gets a plate with eggs and bacon already on it with some toast. I walk close to him and walk up behind him placing my arms around his waist and my head resting on his shoulder. "I'm sorry-" I begin to say and he places his hand up in the air. "Jo please." He said and I nod pulling away grabbing my plate, a water and going into the living room and sitting on the couch with my food on the coffee table.  He's still upset with me. I've apologized to him...several times. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. 

A text pops up on my phone laying on the coffee table, I take a sip of my water and then place the glass back down and look at it and almost choke. Holy shit. "Holy-" I silently say but he can hear me. "What?" he says from behind me. "Nothing." he doesn't reply. 

It's a text from Dana. Shit! All of this is just gonna mess things up more than they already are. 

I quickly finish my food, and place my dish and glass into the sink as he's at the dining table eating his food and on his phone. He looks up at me but doesn't say anything as I rush into the bedroom. 

I go to turn to open the closet as the door opens, Hero walks in. "I'm going to football." he says leaving his hand on the doorknob. I slowly nod and he walks out. I get my suitcase out and pack a weeks worth of clothes, with some extra,just in case. I change into some leggings and a plain black shirt. I grab one of Hero's shirts just to have with me. Even though he's upset with me, I will be leaving for a week and will need him with me still. Even if he will be mad with me. 

I pack the rest of my items and then head down to the airport and get on the plane on the way to los angeles. 

I've been on the plane for about five hours, Hero's done with football and should be on his way home because they usually go to Alex's after to practice some more. It's what he always does. I guess I should call him now before he gets more angry that I'm not even there when he's home and my stuff is gone. Knowing him he will think the absolute worst. 

"H-hero?" I say into the phone. 

"I'm going up the elevator, can't we just talk when I get inside?" 

"No, we can't. Because I'm not there." I hear a slight gasp or sigh into the phone, I can't really tell. 

"You fucking left?" He growls into the phone. I know he's upset and thinking the worst possible ideas right now. 

"Hero-" I begin. 

"If your on a plane to perth or los angeles you better fucking get your ass back to london. I mean it." He yells into the phone as I hear a door slam. "All your shit is gone, you did leave? Jo why the hell did you leave!" His voice cracks into the phone. 

"Hero! I have to go to los angeles for the movie! For this week! Okay? I didn't leave you..like the way you think I left. It's for my job. I would never just leave you like that." 

"Then why is half your shit gone? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I found out during breakfast...and you were upset with me and I-I..didn't want you to be more upset with me." I say into the phone as a tear runs down my eye. Jo, stop crying stop crying stop crying stop crying.