Chapter 13

Josephine

"Yeah Mia, talk to you later?" I suggest and she agrees and I hang up the phone and place It on my nightstand.

It's been three days since I've last seen or heard from Hero. I know how much I hurt him but it was also hurting me, I know that sounds selfish but I really couldn't bear to keep hurting both of us in something that wasn't even real in the first place. It's a friday night and he wanted me to meet his friends tonight which I was so excited to do, that obviously won't be happening and he can go hookup with some other random girl and it's not going to be me.

I lazily jump out of my bed and then I receive another phone call.

"Jordan, hey?" I say, confused why my new co-star is calling me on a friday morning out of the blue.

"Hey Josephine, I'm sorry for calling you just I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch today? I know you basically live here now just I thought we could become closer before the film starts, or in general!"

"Y-yeah, yeah sure! Just text me!" I say and she agrees and let's me know we can go to this cafe which is down the street from our hotel. We exchange goodbyes and I hang up the phone and head into the bathroom. I quickly shower and blow dry my hair and curl my hair and Hero is invading my thoughts once again.

It's the things that bother me like "I wish our intimate moments were more passionate, or they weren't passionate enough." or things like "I wish I had spent more time with him." Or the main breaker "I wish we didn't have to hide it.". It all bothers me, it's actually been bothering me since the day I did sleep with him which I'm debating whether I regret or not. Hero showed me a lot since my breakup, not enough for me to change my mind but he showed me stuff intimately..if you know what I mean. Which I hadn't felt in months and he showed me, whether he considered it a random hookup or not. Or when we were in my old hotel and he fingered me right before his mother walked in, it wasn't enough for us we needed more but this, whatever this was is over now and my ass needs to accept that.

I change into a long sleeve black sweater with a pair of denim jeans and some white slip on shoes. Nothing big but I still wanna look decent out to lunch with a friend.

*

Once I arrive at the cafe I get a seat and text Jordan and let her know I'm here.

Minutes later she walks in wearing ripped black jeans and a cheetah print crop top with a white puffer jacket and her long dark brown hair is straighten like always.

"Hey!" She says and she places her purse on the edge of her chair. "How are you?"

"I'm well," A complete lie. "What about you?" I ask and take a sip of the water that the waitress brought us.

"Amazing! I am so excited to be starting this movie, I just bought a house here and I'm also doing online classes for interior design which I am so stoked about!" She exclaims. I'm actually happy for her! Truly, I have a lot of friends but they are all back in perth and I have no one here in LA but I think Jordan and I can be friends, she seems chill and a kind person to be around so I wouldn't mind being around her. Though, Dana right now is the only person I have so when I'm not filming I'll have to try and meet new people which doesn't sound bad... right?

Actually, it does sound bad because I had planned on spending my free time with Hero but nope, my thoughts had different plans.

"Oh my gosh Jordan that's amazing!"

"Thanks Jo! Anything new exciting for you? What about that one tall british boy, yeah?" She says which makes me choke on my water. "Oh my god are you okay?" She asks and places her hand to her mouth and I wipe my mouth with my hand and nod.