Chapter 56

Hero

December...

"Do you ever miss the time when we were having to run around and hide our relationship and always away from each other?" I ask Jo as I caress her hair as we are laying on the couch watching a movie as Nora is in her rocking cradle right across from us.

"Sometimes." she laughs. "But now we literally have a two month year old child, it's crazy, and we are engaged." she says as she cuddles more into my chest. It's December 10 and christmas is in 15 days so we decided to put on a christmas movie. Jo and I have never really talked about when we plan on getting married, but I don't think it's something we want to rush to do. "I was thinking..." she says and I look down at her as she playing with the strings on my sweatpants.

"What were you thinking?" I smirk down at her. "We need to get on a little getaway again.. like to that one log cabin... or to los angeles.. or somewhere." she says and begins to slowly cup my cock through my pants and I gasp and slowly push her hands away. "Not right now.." I say and she leans up more and starts kissing me. "Why not?" she says and then she straddles me and I rest my hands and cup her ass in her sweatpants and she gasps. "Sure, we can go on a little getaway, whenever you want." I say.

She begins making her attack on my lips and places her hands around my neck. She just laughs and smiles into the kisses and I tend to notice her features and how she is so naturally beautiful. I truly feel so incredibly lucky to have her, after everything we've been through.

Later that night....

"You think when Nora is old enough she'll cook or bake with us?" Jo asks as she is mixing the cookie dough and looking over at Nora in her rocking cradle in the dining room and I look over at her as I just played the christmas music. "I don't know, if she doesn't want to I'll force her so it doesn't really matter." I say and walk over behind her as she's mixing the dough and has her hair in a low bun and has a snowman apron on over her pajama pants and grey top. "You look adorable, you know that?" I whisper in her ear as I wrap my arms around her waist resting my head on her shoulder and she turns to look at me and places a gentle kiss on my cheek. "Thank you." she giggles. 

"I have a serious question," I say rocking her as she's mixing and adding more chocolate chips to the batch. 

"What is that serious question?" she asks. 

"Nora told me something.." I say and she smiles. "Oh yeah, what did she tell you?" 

"That she wants a baby brother or sister.." I say and she giggles, "Did she?" 

"Yeah, she told me earlier." I say and she laughs and shakes her head. "Maybe when she's older." 

"Why not right now?" I ask as I begin squeezing her tighter against me and she laughs. "Let's wait until she's able to physically walk to us and tell us she wants a baby sister or brother," she laughs and I hear my phone ringing in the living room and I shake my head and place a gentle kiss on her neck and then unclasp my arms around her and walk to the living room and grab it and I walk into the dining room as I wonder if I answer it and lean against the wall. It's a random number, not sure if I should answer it.. I decline it. I place my phone in my pocket. "Who was it?" Jo asks. "Some random number." I say about to walk around to her again then my phone buzzes in my pocket. "The fuck." I say out loud then answer it. "Hello?"

"Is this Hero?" the man voice asks, "Yes, who's this?" I say and Jo takes Nora and takes her upstairs and puts her to bed.

"It's Rob. Not sure if you remember me, it's been a few months.....I'm your mother's boyfriend-" he begins. "I don't have time for this," I say about to hang up. "Wait!" He yells into the phone and Jo make a confused face at my expression as she is walking back into the dining room.

"If there is something you want just say it, or something you need to say just say it." I say.

"Your mom.." he says and I can my chest begins to tighten at the thoughts of what he could say.

"What about her?"

"She got into a car crash..this morning." he says and my heart fucking drops to my feet. "What? Is she okay?" I ask and Jo comes closer to me sincere in her eyes. 

"No, Hero. That's why I called. She didn't make it." he says and my phone falls out of my hand. I freeze. 

"Hero?" Jo asks as I feel my eyes start to feel up with tears and I slide down the wall and I let the tears overcome me. Jo drops to the ground and places her arms around me. "Shhh...what's wrong? Please tell me." she says as I pull her tighter to me and shes caressing the tears off of my face. "My mom Jo," I say with tears bursting down my face. Fuck, I hate crying. I hate it so goddamn much but I can't stop the amount of tears I have right now. "She got into a car crash and didn't make it. She's fucking gone Jo." I bang my head back against the wall and she freezes up. I feel her hug on me loosen and she freezes and she looks at me bites her lip to hold her tears back. "I'm..I'm so sorry Hero-" she begins but just stops and pulls me into the tightest hug and I rest on her shoulder and let all of the tears overcome me. Fuck. 

We spent my life feuding and she's gone, just like that.

 She will never meet Nora, she never will get to see our other children, she won't see Nora celebrate her 1st birthday, have her first christmas, and most importantly..she won't be able to see me fucking get married. On the most special day of my life she won't be there. If I still disliked her when the time came, she'd still get an invite and knowing her, she would still be there. She would always be there, yeah she did shit and so did I but it's all hitting me at once. She missed and will miss everything. No matter how I feel about her she's still my mother, the one who even gave me life and if It wasn't for her I wouldn't of met Jo. I wanted my mother at my wedding, regardless. It's not going to happen and now I don't know if I want this goddamn wedding to happen either. 

****************

Hey loves, I apologize for not posting in so long but I promise hopefully updates will be coming more again! I've been crazy busy but besties I will be updating this more. I hope everyone's been well :) Comment and vote.!

Much Love, A♡