Chapter 14

Hero/ could be tw

"Yeah this barbecue burger looks fire!" Felix says pointing to the menu.

"Agreed bruv, but look at this max double burger!" Morgz says and points to it. 

I'm sitting at the booth towards the corner of the bar next to the short stairs leading to more crowded tables with Josephine's table right in the middle of the bar, near mine. I'm sitting unpatiently bouncing my leg up and down with my arms up on the table and my head leaning into them while the boys are talking about what fucking burger to get meanwhile I'm freaking the fuck out. 

Did she see me? Does she know I'm here? God why is this girl invading my thoughts, I just need her. 

"Hero, man you know what you want?" I hear but can't tell if it's my thoughts or them actually saying it. 

"Earth to motherfucking Hero!"Felix says and shoves my shoulder and I snap back. 

"Sorry, what?" 

"I asked do you know what you're getting-.. and oh my desert look at the fine ladies right there." Morgz wipes his glasses off and point with his glasses to Josephine's table with that one brunette girl she was with back at a meeting in perth who I barely acknowledge. 

"Yeah, they're pretty smokin." Felix adds and makes a swoosh noise and snaps his tongue off the roof his mouth and I roll my eyes. 

"Come on man don't you agree? Look at them!" Morgz fans me. Yeah I fucking agree. 

"Yeah, I fucking agree," I say and stand up.

"Bro what's wrong?" Felix says and grabs my shoulder to push me down. 

"I need to go to the bathroom." I say and quickly exit up the short stairs to a crowded room of people and to the mens room straight in the back. 

Josephine

"Josephine? You okay?" Jordan asks once I don't answer her question and I awkwardly was stuttering the whole time.

No, I'm not okay, the guy I'm trying to get out of my life is literally here. I slowly turn my head to look at his table and he's gone..he definitely left. 

"What? Oh yeah! I'm fine! Sorry!" I awkwardly laugh and take a sip of my drink.

"Do I need to call someone..?" She slurs. Call someone? Does she mean Dana? The cops? The ambulance? Who?

"Call someone?" Why would you need to call someone, my instinct adds.

"You looked shocked and a bit upset, is there something you wanna talk about?" 

"Oh, sorry! Nope all good," I throw two thumbs up. "Anyways what are you gonna order?" I smile awkwardly trying to change the subject. 

"Okay, phew. Maybe the pretzel bun burger! It looks delish!" She does a chefs kiss and I giggle and suddenly feel my stomach grumble. 

"Excuse me, I'm gonna use the loo." I say and stand up from my seat and head into the bathroom. 

There's no stalls, just a unlocked or locked door. I go to the toilet and lift my blonde hair behind my neck and end up throwing up into the stall. "Holy shit-" I say out loud but to throw up again. 

"Knock Knock, everything okay in there?" I hear at the door. "One minute." I say and wipe my mouth and flush the toilet. 

I quickly wash my hands and my stomach feels a lot better just confused why It hurt in the first place. 

"Sorry-" I open the door to Hero. 

My jaw drops and my eyes go wide as his do the same. 

"Jo-" He stutters and I freeze.