Chapter 43

Josephine

2 days later,

As Hero and I just showered, ate breakfast and are now laying on the couch as he watches some show about british drama, I'm cuddling into his chest as his arm is around me and his legs are laying out. Then, my phone rings. He grabs it from behind him and holds it out. "It's a random number." he says and I grab my phone. "Oh okay, just let it go then." I say resting my head back down on his chest and he nods placing my phone back, until it rings again.

I look up at him and he grabs my phone and brings it up to his ear, "What the fuck do you need?" he says. "Hero! That could be someone important!" I whisper yell and then a shocked expression comes onto his face. "Daughter?" he scoffs and I sit up and look at him and he shakes his head. "You're shitting me." he adds. "Who am I?" he laughs.

"Her boyfriend, who are you?" he says and I try to grab my phone but he pulls back. "Stephen?" he says and my eyes go wide. My father calling? "Hero give me that!" I say and he shakes his head and hands me it.

"Dad?" I say into the phone. "Josephine honey, how are you?" he says and I laugh at I can't believe he's calling me. "I'm good, how are you?" I look at Hero and his jaw is dropped, yeah me too.

"I'm doing okay, I'm glad you're well. I just have a question for you.." he says and I sit up and pick at the bottom of my sweat pants as Hero mouths to me speaker and I shake my head. I don't know what my father is about to say but Hero needs to let me deal with it on my own. "I met a woman, Lisa. I had proposed to her about last year. Our wedding is this weekend and I would love if you could come. At least come to the reception."he says and I don't reply. He wants me to go to his wedding? After everything, he's reaching out to me to go to his wedding. "Speaker." Hero says out loud.I decide to place it on speaker just because I don't feel like explaining to this to him later. "You there?" my father asks.

"Yes, I'm here." I gulp.

"Listen, I know how things went before and I really apologize, I've bettered myself so I can keep in touch with you again. Your my daughter after all and I would really appreciate it if you came to my wedding." he says and Hero looks at me with a shocked expression as I'm just as confused as he is. "Will Riley be there?" I say knowing he will get tense. "Jo-"He begins.

"No Stephen, because if you bettered yourself you can get in touch with your other daughter as well. She's living with her aunt for hell sake! You needed to get your shit together to take care of her and now you have so you have to get in touch with her too! Just as fair as you are in touch with me." I somewhat shout into the phone.

"I'm inviting Joc, and I hope she will bring her."

"Okay." I sigh. Hero rubs my back.

"Will you come?" he asks again sounding impatient.

"I will have to think about it and get back to you. I don't know if I can." I admit. It's the truth, I really don't wanna go.

"Please think about it." He says and hangs up.

I place my phone on the coffee table and just sigh. "You should go." Hero says catching me off guard as he's playing with the string on my sweatpants. "No way." I say laying my back against the couch.

"He sounds like he got better for you, he seems like he's trying. More than my father has ever done, you should go Jo, what's the worst that can happen." he says and I nod. "I really don't want too." I sigh.

"I won't force you to go, but I really think you should. Besides, it's thursday and we can leave tomorrow if you would want to go. Up to you." He says leaning back and placing his arm around me. I grab my phone quickly. "What are you-" Hero begins.