Chapter 10

Josephine

"What the hell Hero!" I shout as I throw my hands into the air in the middle of the living room. We've only been here for three hours for hell sakes. I don't know why he's asking this or speaking to me like that. 

"You know what I'm talking about." He groans and plops onto the couch. 

"I-" I don't know what to say honestly. How am I gonna tell him Dana said I could never ever like or get close to a loved one of hers, keep it normal for professional purposes...something like that. 

"Is this a joke? What did you promise her?" He asks and leans back on the couch.

I walk in front of him and sit myself next to him on the couch and turn to him. "Your mother.." I say. Do I tell him? Do I risk this? He'll understand right?

"Go on." He sits up. 

"Please," I push the strands of hair in my face behind my ears. "Your mother, told me I had to promise her....that I could never get close to any of her loved ones well also known as her children or friends?" I say and he shakes his head.

"So you're telling me we couldn't even be friends? With her knowing?"

"I love Dana, she's really a great manager and I couldn't ask for anyone better but I don't think." 

It doesn't make much sense because she makes Hero and I spend time together and expects us not to even make ourselves be more than just "acquaintances". Hero and I are obviously more than friends.. just I don't know what this is. 

"That's fucking bullshit, she can't tell you who you can or can't be friends with Josephine." He stands up. 

"Please, sit down." I beg and he looks at me and sits back down.

"Jo, you don't understand. I don't wanna just be friends, but we obviously you know can't be..friends.. if we wanted to be friends..." He's trying to say we are more than friends I know, he just won't say the words I need to hear. 

"Hero," He turns to me and I grab his hand in mine. "What do you want to say?"

"W-what." He sighs. "Nothing.." He lies. 

"Hero-" 

"Jo, we know we aren't just friends is what I'm trying to say. I just don't want you to lose my mother but I'm selfish enough to keep coming around you." He sighs and plops back on the couch. 

I curl my legs up and lean next to him. "You're not selfish. I want to be around you." I smile.

He does a smile into a frown, it's upsetting him. 

"You okay?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah, of course." He lies. 

"No lies." I say and he chuckles. 

"Ok mum." He sarcastically jokes. His jokes aren't funny at all but I guess I'll laugh. 

"Very funny." I say and lean into him to kiss him until the hotel door opens and I jump off the couch and quickly run into my room. "Shit." Hero mouths and places his hand on his forehead.

"Hello??" Dana says as she appears into the living room and I walk out of the bedroom. 

"Oh hey!" I say and sit on the other couch. 

"Why is Hero down here?" She asks. 

"I invited him over for some chinese, I hope that was okay." I smile and Hero rolls his eyes and sighs. 

"Actually, that is perfect! I want Hero to get used to American things!" She claps and sits next to Hero and putting her purse onto the floor. 

"Mum, it's chinese food?" Hero sighs and leans his head into his palm.