Chapter 40

Josephine

It's him. Just act normal Josephine, act normal. 

"Jo-Josephine-" Hero says as I am still turned around looked at him with my eyes wide and jaw practically dropped. Way to look normal. 

I quickly wipe my hand on my mouth, "Hero..hi, uh can we sign this then we both can leave?" 

He nods quickly and walks over right next to me, "Alright Ms. Langford your signature is the top and Mr. Fiennes Tiffin, yours is the bottom one." The receptionist says. "Alright, done." I say and drop my pen. "Done." Hero says. 

He's in a business suit, his hair is gelled?? wait..this is not the Hero I know...who is this?

"Alright all set, thank you both so much, you can look back in the apartment if you want too but there is nothing in it." she says folding the papers and placing them into a file. I look at Hero then back at the women, "Thank you, I don't need to go up." 

"Me neither." Hero says. 

"Alright you two, have a good night." she smiles. "You too ma'am." he nods and walks through the doors looking back at me. I'm just kinda frozen because who is this Hero? This is not the Hero I know who gels his hair with a lot of gel, uses good manners and dresses in a business suit for hell sake! 

I just shake my head and walk outside and of course he's waiting outside for me, "How are you?" he blurts out as I was about to walk past him. He places his hand in his pockets and rocks back and forth. "Good. you?" I lie. 

"I'm glad your good, I'm good as well.." he says and I sigh. 

"Yup.." I say and start slowly turning around walking down the sidewalk, "Wanna go get coffee?" he says and I turn around. 

"I'd like that." I say and he awkwardly nods and we walk across the street to the coffee place. "J-just get us a table and I'll get us some drinks." he shyly says. "Oh, ok." I say and walk towards a table and impatiently wait for him. 

This won't be awkward? I don't have Dana anymore, I can talk to him. He's probably just surprised as I am that I said yeah to coming here. Because I can't believe I did. 

"Here," he says placing down two caramel iced coffees and I let out a little smile, how he remembered. "Thanks." 

He nods, "I can't believe you agreed to come with me here." he admits taking a sip of his drink. 

Me neither Hero, 

"Same, to be honest." I awkwardly laugh and he nods. 

It's awkward now. Neither of us are talking... 

"So, what's up with the business suit?" I say to break the awkwardness. "What do you mean what's with it?" he raises a eyebrow. 

"I mean..I've just never seen you in one before." 

"I'm a boss at the publishing warehouse for my uncles." he says and my eyes go wide. 

"Boss? Hero that's amazing, I'm happy for you." 

"Thank you really, I have been for about five months now." he says. A boss? He got his shit together, man, I'm so happy for him. "Where do you live now?" he asks taking a sip of his iced coffee. 

"With Josh." I say and he almost chokes on his drink and starts coughing. "As friends!" I quickly say to save him from his thoughts as I already knew what he was thinking. "Okay...not as that mattered but..uh cool." he says and both laugh. "Just saying," I smile. 

"Where are you staying?" I ask. "A penthouse apartment thing, it's about fifteen minutes away from here." he says. 

"Really? Oh cool."