Chapter 34

Josephine

"She came here? While you and Hero were watching the kids?" Mia says as her and I are sitting on the couch and Hero is leaning against the wall crossing his arms.

"Yeah, well, I was cleaning up and she busted in. It's crazy, really." I place my hand up to my forehead.I had to invite Mia over, I needed to see her because I missed her like crazy and I needed to tell her what happened, Hero and I can't stay here with them...with my mother knowing we are here.

"How did she know you guys were here?" she asks rubbing her hand down my back

"I'm not too sure, I know Joc didn't tell her because Joc hates my mother as much as I do."

"We" Hero interrupts placing his hand up to his mouth. "Really off topic Jo, but you never told me you got a boyfriend and moved to london? I thought you were in los angeles! Why didn't you tell me?" Yeah....sorta left out the fact I never told Mia..like anything. "I thought you were dating your co-star?" she says and Hero coughs and she looks up at him. "Your not her co-star, are you?"

"Fuck no." he growls and I shake my head and she looks at me. "It's been hectic, we haven't talked in like a month and I really apologize. Everything has been so stressful and insane and my mother coming here right now isn't making things much better." I sigh. "But Hero and I have been dating for a little over a month-" I begin. "Yeah but we were also messing around for about four months." He winks and Mia's jaw drops. "What the hell Jo! You never told me any of this!!" She gasps.

"It's a really...long story."

"I have time." She leans back on the couch and Hero points his thumb to the stairs backing away from the wall. "Yeah well you see..uh Tommy asked if I could take them to the store so I'm going to go do that." He says and runs upstairs.

"Talk." she grits and crosses her arms. I sigh and lean back, this is gonna be a long ride.

I tell Mia everything, not every single detail just how I love him, how he saved me, brought me back from my past and every dark thing I went through. About how much he cares for me and how much we fought to be together, how I cheated on Josh with Hero and then the day Josh and I broke up I got with Hero, secretly, still secretly. How he bought us an apartment in London and I agreed to move in, how we started drifting off from each other but we made our way back. How we didn't speak for a month, most painful thing ever. Everything.

"And...that's Dana's son?" She asks after an hour of me explaining everything.

"Yes. Now, please don't tell any of our other friends please." I beg.

"I would never do that Jo," she grabs my hands into hers. "I'm so proud of you for letting yourself love again, and by what I can see he treats you really well and loves you so much." she smiles and I smile with a couple tears of happiness.

"He's been good with the kids you said right?"

"Yes! Oh my god Mia they love him so much, they love him more than me!" I laugh.

"Do you see a future with him? Like that, that kind of future?" she asks. I don't know how to answer her because I know I have, seeing him with Tommy and Riley really makes my heart so warm. He treats them so good, he's so good with kids. I've only been with Hero for about a little over a month and I've known him for four...so we have time..if we last. Which I hope we do.

"Actually-"

"What'd we miss?" Hero asks with Tommy on his back and Riley holding a shopping bag as he walks through the front door. I turn around and smile.

"I'm guessing that answer was yeah?" Mia giggles and so do I.

"What answer?" Hero smirks as he places Tommy down.