2.

"I don't think it's fair that you got mad at me like that when I was just trying to help. You would have been expelled right now." I informed my brother, he rolled his eyes and continued keeping his eyes on the road.

"Are you gonna continue rubbing it on my face, Saint Veronica?" He said sarcastically.

"Saint Vinnie, shut up, dumbass." I looked out of the windows and didn't say more until we arrived at the school.

"I'll see you later," I said, opening the car door and jumping out while slamming the door. I ran over to Tyler, to get over to him in time.

I grabbed his arm and sighed.
"Fuck, I have been chasing you over here," I said, trying to catch my breath.

"Oh hey Veronica, good morning to you too." He laughed out, I rolled my eyes and went to English class with him.

We sat down beside each other and I put my backpack down on the ground.
"Have you seen the new girl? She's so fucking hot, I'm telling you." He slapped my arm and smirked.

Before I could answer and ask who she was, Mrs. Smith stepped into the classroom and looked around, her eyes instantly fell on Tyler and me.

"Miss Williams and Mr. Davis are not going to work, Veronica sits with Miss Miller behind you." She ordered me to, I got up and sat with the girl behind.

I had never seen her before, maybe she was the new girl.
"Are you new here?" I whispered so the annoying teacher wouldn't hear, the girl nodded.

"My name is Kayla, I expect you to be Veronica?" She whispered back, I nodded and took my hand out. She shook it and smiled.

"Tyler," I whispered, trying to get his attention. He didn't hear me, which annoyed me so bad.

"Tyler!" I whisper-yelled, this time he heard me, he turned around and saw that I was sitting beside the new girl.

"Give me my backpack." I pointed over at the seat I sat at before, he slid the backpack over to me and smirked.

He didn't turn around, he put his hand out for Kayla to shake it. She put her hand in his and shook it.

"I'm Tyler." He introduced himself, I smiled and looked over at Kayla.

"And I'm Kayla."

"Mr. Davis and Miss Williams! You know how the rules are, get out if you're going to talk in my class." She yelled at us, totally avoiding that Kayla was the one talking.

I could tell Tyler was tired of her attitude. She first made me sit on another seat and then yells at us. Tyler stayed seated but I got up and took my backpack around my right shoulder while leaving the class.

That meant that she was going to text my mom later. I sat down in the hallways for around twenty minutes and was on my phone until Kayla came out and sat by me.

"Okay so, we have to work on this project and since we are in the same group, I figured we could go to my house after lunch?" She suggested, I nodded.

"Great! I'll see you then!" She got up excitedly and left, I smiled and shook my head in disbelief at her excitement.

I got up when the bell rang and went to the cafeteria in hope of finding my brother. Hayes had been giving me a promise, he would call or text if something happened between my brother and Mason.

When I got to the cafeteria, the first person I found was Hayes.
"Hey!" I yelled and hugged him, he hugged back with a smile.

"Hey there."