24.

I entered the Miller house, I wasn't over the fact that it was such a big house. Kayla led me to the guest room that I was allowed to stay in.

"Thank you so much, I'm really thankful for everything." I told her, wrapping my arms around her.

"It's going to be great, if you go downstairs, mom has something to show you." She winked, I looked confused at her but decided to go downstairs anyways.

Her mother looked at me with the biggest smile, I smiled back as she handed me something, it was a key.

"You didn't have to give me this—"

"You're a part of our family now." She pulled me into a hug, I hugged her back and felt like crying again.

"Thank you so much." I told her, she pulled away and smiled.
"Always."

I smiled to myself, walking back up to my room. I sat the cat house up for Fred to live in, he was my responsibility and I would take the best care of him.

I was still struggling with finding my ways in the house, I some how always stepped into the wrong door.

"Veronica, I forgot that I made plans with Tyler today. So I'm probably not going to be home, is that alright?" She asked, I nodded. I wasn't talking with Tyler even till this day.

"If you need anything, mom is probably out in the garden and Mason is in his room." Kayla said, giving me a quick hug.

Hearing Kayla leave as I walked down to the kitchen, I took one of the glasses but then someone else entered too.

"Oh hey." I awkwardly said, looking confused. Why was she here? And who was she here for?

"Hey." Athena said, I gave her a quick smile.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, she smiled and looked down.

"I'm here for Mason."

Of course she is, I wasn't even surprised.

"Cool." I mumbled, filling the glass up with the cold water. Mason joined the awkward silence and put his arms around Athena.

"Do you live here now? You come here all the time." Mason complained, I rolled my eyes. 

"In fact, I do live here now." I gave him a smile, leaving the kitchen. I took the glass up to my new room as I put it on the nightstand.

I gave the tiny cat a kiss.

The door opened.
"You live here now?" Mason asked once again, sounding even more confused than before. He stepped in and looked around, observing my things.

"Mhm." I hummed, taking my phone in my hand.

"Why?" He questioned, I forgot to answer him when I saw Hayes' message. I clicked on it and was about to reply.

"Look at me when I'm fucking talking to you." Mason demanded, I rolled my eyes and looked up.

"When you look at me like that, it reminds me of when you decided to give me a blowjob." He smirked, I sighed.

"Fuck off and go back to Athena." I whispered, he laughed a little and shook his head.

"No need to be jealous."

I got up and went closer to him, knowing what he was going to do. Mason put his hands on my ass, squeezing it.

I put the both of my hands on his chest as I pushed him out of the door, locking it afterwards.

Hours later, I looked out of the window and it was completely dark outside. Kayla did arrive minutes before, but she immediately went to sleep, she probably had a long day.

I started missing the man that would step into my room, just to see if I was sleeping because I had to get early up.

It was so late, and I should be asleep. I was just wondering what Vinnie could be doing right now, he was probably asleep, maybe taking pills, who knows.

I took one of the pillows on the bed and screamed in it, my throat immediately hurting afterwards. I took the big blanket over me and tried closing my eyes, until I heard a notification.

Mason : You awake?

Me : why.

Mason : meet me at the roof.

Jesus Christ, how was I supposed to get up on the roof? I got out of the bed and left my new room. I opened one of the doors to the balcony, looking around. There was one place I could jump onto and climb up.

"Just jump, trust me, you won't fall." I looked up and saw Mason sitting up there. I jumped up against the wall and held on tight on the roof, feeling like my hands were going to slide off.

"Mason, I'm going to fucking die." I whisper-yelled, feeling my hands slide more and more down.

"You're so dramatic." He mumbled, taking my hands and helping me get up. I sat down beside him as I looked up at the stars.

"Damn." I mumbled.

"How's your brother?" Mason asked me, I shrugged.

"I put him in a hospitality hours ago." I sighed, continuing to look at the stars.
"Why do you guys hate each other?" I questioned, he chuckled.

"Because of a girl, when we were fifteen or some shit." Mason explained to me.

"What was her name?" I asked, he smiled and looked down.

"Alice."

"Was she pretty?" I couldn't help it but ask.

"Prettiest girl I had ever seen." Mason mumbled, I smiled and crossed my legs.

"So you both had a crush on her, then what happened?" I asked, he looked annoyed over at me as he took a deep breath.

"We made her choose, she chose your brother, I was furious. That was the day when I beat him up in front of you." He explained to me, I tried imagining it but I couldn't imagine Mason being in love.

"When I came to the school, I immediately recognized you." Mason laughed a little, I smiled and looked down.

"But I regret beating him up, it ruined everything." He said, I nodded.

"I used to come to your house everyday, you were so small back then. You used to love it when I came over."

I rolled my eyes.
"That's not true!" I yelled, he nodded.

"It definitely is true. I remember thinking, damn that girl is going to grow up to be pretty." Mason laughed out, I blushed and shook my head.

"It amazes me how you remember everything."

"It was the best time of my life." He told me, I put his hand in mine.

"You used to call me Mae, you were just a little kid back then." Mason said, I laughed and raised my eyebrows.

"Mae? Seriously?" I asked, he nodded and smiled. It went silent between us as I took my eyes off of him and back at the view.

"Are you dating her?" I accidentally blurted out, feeling so embarrassed after.

"Nope, not yet." He answered, I licked my lips and sighed.

"When it comes to me, you're not the type to date. When it comes to Athena, you are the type to date."

Mason rolled his eyes and ran his hand through his hair.
"Why is that so important to you?" He questioned, I sighed and closed my eyes.

"It's not."

I looked into his pretty eyes.
"I just want something real." I told him, his nose touching mine.

"Am I not real?" He asked, I shrugged.

"You don't seem like it."

______________________________