62.

We were walking down the school hallways, Annie, Tyler, and I. Tyler had planned on doing it at the school, he didn't want to go anywhere near her bedroom or anything like that.

My arm was around Annie's neck, but then she removed it and started walking away.
"Where are you going?" Tyler yelled to her, another boy put his arm around her neck as she turned around and gave us a smile.

"Duty calls." She said, walking away with the boy I assumed to be Daniel. It went quiet between Tyler and I, we both just watched them walk away from us.

"Do you think he's hotter than me?" He asked me, his gaze still being on them.

"Him? Definitely not." I looked over at my best friend, he seemed completely off.

"Why? Are you jealous?" I asked, he didn't answer for a while until they were away from the hallways.

"Fuck no, definitely not." It sounded like he was trying to convince himself, which was sad. I nodded and noticed that Kayla was standing right behind him.

"Hey, Millers." I said, Tyler slowly turned around, he probably thought it would be Mason.

"Hey, can we talk?" Kayla asked Tyler, making him roll his eyes.

"Alright, talk."

"Somewhere more private?" She suggested, Tyler shook his head and looked over at me.

"We can talk here." He said, Kayla just nodded and looked down. None of them said anything, which made me want to confront her.

"Are you still friends with me so you can continue fucking my brother or?" I said, seeing her eyes widen.

"You told her?" She turned to Tyler, Tyler didn't even hesitate to with nodding.

"You won't even talk to me about it? Listen, I don't really give a single fuck about what you have going on with my brother, what I'm upset about is the fact that you only became friends with me so you could get to him, oh and also, that you keep screwing my best friend over." I said, I considered if she actually was able to hear everything because of how fast I was speaking.

"I'm sorry, I really am. I should have told you, I know." She said, I nodded and leaned up against the locker.

"Forgive me, I'm begging you. I haven't had a friend like you before." Kayla said, making me want to laugh.

"No, I don't think we should be friends anymore." I looked down, not wanting to see how her face expression looked.

"Tyler?" She said, like Tyler was going to try and convince me to forgive her.

"I don't want to go around and be called your boyfriend anymore, we're done." He said to her, not even having a problem with looking her in the eyes.

"Is that really what you want?" She asked him, he nodded and crossed his arms. Kayla ended up nodding to herself and leaving us standing there.

"Well, it could have gone much worse." Tyler mumbled, I nodded and we started walking to class together. We sat down and opened out books, listening to whatever the teacher said to us.

"Is Annie sitting with us at lunch?" He asked, I shrugged.

"I don't know, why don't you ask her?" I suggested, he shook his head.

"Forget it."

After classes, we went to lunch and I could clearly feel how much he wanted to sit with us, so when she got to the cafeteria, I decided to wave at her.

She awkwardly waved back.
"Come sit here!" I said, she slowly shook her head with an innocent smile on her lips.

"I can't, my friends want me to be sitting here." That was her excuse? Well, can't really stop her, can I?

"Friends? Oh please." Tyler grumbled, I smiled and looked up at the boy who just sat down in front of us.

"Evening, shit heads." Wyatt said, making Tyler laugh more than ever.

"It wasn't even that funny but whatever." Wyatt mumbled, starting to eat his potatoes.

"I'm surprised that you chose to sit here today." I said.

"I'm not gonna lie, I surprised myself as well." He said, that dumb sentence made me giggle.

"Hey Wyatt, join Veronica and I in the library later." Tyler said, ah right, he needs help with some homework in English class. I had forgotten I said I would help him with that.

My phone started beeping, so I took it out and checked my messages.
Mason : meet me in the old science classroom?

Me : sure.

I put my phone back down in my pocket and got up.
"Guys, I have something to take care of, but I'll meet you guys at the library." I said, seeing a big smile on Tyler's lips.

"Alright! Whatever you say!"

Goddamn, so much energy and for what? He knows that I'm meeting up with Mason, that's exactly why.

I walked out of the cafeteria and started looking for the old science classroom. When I finally found it, Mason was in there while he was scrolling through his phone. When he saw me, he put his phone on one of the tables and walked over to me.

"What did you say to Kayla?" He asked me.

"I only told her what she deserved to hear." I told him, he looked so angry at me.

"What she deserved to hear? Are you out of your fucking mind?" He said, slamming his fist into the wall behind me, making me flinch.

"She treated me—"

"Don't make everything about you, Veronica. She's my fucking sister!" Mason yelled in my face, I held the tears back. Of course, I was making everything about myself again.

"And he's my fucking best friend!" I yelled back.

"You can't compare those two with each other. She was all alone, just because you and your best friend were too egotistical to hang out with her." He spat, making me scoff at him.

"I fucking hope I made her cry." I said, walking over to the door.

"Yeah? Care to explain why you're acting like your so much better than her?" Mason asked, putting his hand on the door so I wasn't able to get out.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry for not wanting to hang out with someone who lied to my face several times, and only became my friend so she could fuck my brother!" I shouted in his face.

"And you didn't do the same, or am I supposed to agree with you?"

"There's a difference, I actually liked her personality and didn't even know you guys were siblings." I stated the obvious.

"Don't call me until you've gotten some common sense into your brain." I said, removing his arm so I was able to get out. I walked out of the classroom and stopped myself when I got to the hallways.

"Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry." I repeatedly told myself, trying to avoid blinking so the tears wouldn't fall out.

Something funny, think of something funny.

Uh, cats being scared of cucumbers. No, not good enough, maybe a kid falling down from a swing?

Yeah, that helped me laugh. I continued walking, thinking about more of those dumb kids falling down somewhere.
___________________________

Hello. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I hope your day was well and what did you think of this chapter?

Thank you all so much for reading this far, I know that the start of this book was so shitty but you guys still continued to read no matter what, which I couldn't be more grateful about.

I know I asked the last time as well, but which side are you on? Mason or Veronica? ( about the argument, of course )

Remember to drink and eat! I love you all so much, remember to vote as well<3