40.

I sat down in the library, reading the book that was assigned in class. It was so boring but if I failed this class, mom would absolutely hate me. I kept my eyes to the book, not noticing who just sat themselves beside me.

"You look even better with your hair up." Mason said, I looked up and rolled my eyes, taking my hair out of the bun.

"How did you even know I was here?" I asked, he shrugged and took some of the random books on the table.

"I came here to read too."

I laughed sarcastically as I started reading again, my phone went off as I quickly took it out of pocket and read the name.

"Oh hey, what's up?"

"I was wondering, does your cat eat the dry or canned food?" Devon asked me, I laughed and looked over at Mason.

"He eats both, just give him whatever is there." I told her, Devon hung up without even saying goodbye. Mason's eyes were stuck on the book, I hadn't seen him so concentrated before.

"You should read this book, it's about two people falling in love, then falling out of love, and then finding their way back to each other again." He said, sliding the book over to me.

"And you read this?" I asked, he nodded as he took some other random book. I took the book he recommended and tried reading the first chapter, it wasn't that bad.

"How's Ace?" Mason questioned me, I shrugged and continued reading.

"He's fine." I answered without any emotions, Mason nodded and started humming. I closed the book and put them back in place.

"Where are you going?" Mason asked.

"Home."

"Okay, take care." He yelled, I walked out of the library as I shook my head. What the hell was wrong with him? He was probably on some weird drugs.

When I got home, Max, Devon, and Annie was the only one that was there. I saw Max in the living room, watching some series, I decided to sit beside him and ask.
"What are you watching?"

"Money heist." Max answered lowly, keeping his eyes on the television. I took a pillow and held it in my hands, biting my lip as my heart raced.

"You have a girlfriend, right?" I asked him, he nodded as I also started nodding for some reason.

"How did you know that you loved her?" I asked, once again. Max looked over at me with a smile.

"Whenever I was with her, I just knew that I loved every single thing about her, I felt those butterflies all the time. And I sure knew that I wanted to let her know." He explained to me. I felt those butterflies with Ace, and I definitely liked everything about him as well.

I thought about the dumb things Ace and I had done together, every single memory. It made me warm up with a big smile every time.

I did love Ace, very much. And now I regret not saying anything back. I was going to let him know whenever I would see him.

Me : Are you up to talking tomorrow?

Ace : sure, about what?

Me : you'll know tomorrow.

Devon came out of her room screaming her lungs out, while Freddie followed her from behind.
"I was trying to feed him and then he randomly started biting after me! I'm serious! He won't stop following me!" She cried out, sitting beside me on the couch, wrapping her arms tight around me.

Freddie climbed up on the couch and placed himself in front of him, I ran a hand through his fur as he seemed to enjoy it.

"He wasn't like that seconds ago." Devon cried out, Max and I started laughing at the scared little girl.

"This is not funny!" She exhaled, I tried holding my laugh in and agree with her.

"Right, right, Freddie should be ashamed of his actions." I nodded as Max burst out laughing again. I slapped his arm and hugged Devon back.

"When is Ace coming back?" She asked, I shrugged.

"Maybe tomorrow, if he wants to." I told her, Devon really liked Ace. Sometimes it felt like that little girl wanted to steal him away from me, but I didn't mind.

She was so cute, even though I didn't like that I had to get used to a whole new family, I liked Devon a lot.

Annie came into the living room with snacks, Max immediately stole some of them from her.
"Keep your hands to yourself!" She groaned, slapping his hands away.

"I'm telling mom." Max said, Annie rolled her eyes and gave him some, Devon reached her hands out as well. Annie had no choice but to give them.

"Do you want some, Veronica?" Annie asked, I shook my head with a big smile.

"Don't worry, I'm not like those terrible two." I pointed at them. Max rolled his eyes and ate the snacks happily, I gently squeezed Devon's cheeks.

"What's his name?" Annie pointed at the screen, looking over at Max while waiting for an answer.

"Rio, or that's what they call him."

"He's hot." Annie said, Devon nodded as Max faked puking sounds, we all rolled our eyes as Annie pushed his head far away from her.

We sat there and watched the television for hours and hours, so long that we all blacked out and fell into a deep sleep, Devon laying her head on my shoulder, Max's head on Devon's and Annie's on Max's.

How cute.
__________________________

Hello everyone, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did. What did you think? Feel free to comment it.

If you saw my tiktoks, I'm also publishing one more new book ( which doesn't mean that I'll stop writing this one yet ) but keep an eye out for it.

It would mean the absolute world to me if you voted, thank you so much for reading, I hope you had an amazing day<3