53.

"So this is how it all looks now?" Vincent asked, looking around in his new decorated room.

"Yeah, the other bed belongs to Max." I pointed at it, he put his things down on the floor and sat down on his bed.

"I missed this old guy." He said, patting his bed. I smiled and looked around, his room changed so much ever since he last was here.

"How are our new siblings?" Vinnie asked, I snapped out of my thought and cleared my throat.

"They're great, you're going to love Devon. Max is annoying, in my opinion or whatever. Annie doesn't really say much, she's always on her phone." I described them to him.

"Oh, and then there's Kenneth, he loves doing dad jokes." I sighed, shaking my head in a disappointing way. Vincent laughed and smiled at me.

"Where are they now?"

"Ah, Annie and Devon are at their mothers house, Max decided to stay, apparently he doesn't have the greatest bond with his mom." I explained to him, he got up and nodded.

"I'm glad to be back, really." My brother said, hugging me once again. I, of course, hugged him back.

"It's good to have you back, I missed your bad humour." I said, slapping his arm as a joke.

We both could hear the main door open, as someone came in.
"I swear, if Devon took my candy with her, I will go to my mother's house and murder her!" He yelled, as he stopped when he saw us at his room.

"You must be Vincent, right? Pleasure to meet you, man." Max said, pulling Vinnie into a hug. I could clearly tell that Vincent didn't know how to react, but he just awkwardly hugged him back.

"The pleasure is mine." He answered to him, Max smiled and pulled away, sitting down on his own bed.

"I see you got your shit down." Max said, as he pointed at his stuff in the bags, the ones that were on the floor.

"Uh, yeah—"

This was too awkward, I left their room and closed the door behind me, someone had to do it. I sat down in the kitchen, with my knees up on the chair, and took my phone out.

Me : hey, he's officially home. What are you doing?

Mason : that's good to hear, love. I'm just home.

Mason : maybe I should come over and say sorry to him there? Or do you not want me to?

Me : it's not because I have any issue with it, I just want it to happen somewhere with people. If something happens and I won't be able to stop you guys, bad things could happen.

Mason : so clever you are, alright then, I'll just do it at the school.

Me : great, thanks.

I put my phone away, feeling weirded out. I was just about to write I love you, I'm glad that I didn't send it and deleted it.

Even if Mason changed, he still did so many fucked up things, and I have to know that I'm sure. Honestly I just need to be sure about everything, there's many things that keep us away from each other.

Kayla, and Vinnie. Yeah, that's many things for two people, which is incredibly annoying.

Tyler : wanna hang out? I want some slush ice, and you're paying.

Of course I'm paying, it's Tyler we are talking about, he's always broke.

Me : alright, meet me at the local candy store then.