43.

When I woke up, my head was banging so hard. I don't remember that much, I remember getting home by help. It was like everything blacked out after that.

I haven't gotten that drunk before, I was slowly losing big parts of myself. Devon and Annie wasn't in the room, which was surprising, Devon always waited till I was awake.

I slowly got up and rubbed my eyes, deciding on laying down in bed again or actually getting up. When I left my room, mom was sitting at the table with Kenneth, drinking a cup of tea.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked, pulling the chair out and sitting down on it.

"Annie is helping Devon with her soccer clothes, she's starting for the first time today. Oh and, Max is asleep, as always." Mom laughed out with Kenneth, while they both took a big sip of their tea.

It was like a whole other side of mom, maybe that was what love was all about? Becoming the better person for them?

"Do you want to come and see her?" Ken asked, I looked over at my step-father and saw how nicely he smiled at me, he had always been so accepting and nice ever since he ever came here.

I mean, what was he going to do? Disrespect me in my own house?

"Yeah, sure." I answered, as I took one of the strawberries on mom's plate.

"I saw someone deliver you home last night, spoiler alert, it wasn't Ace." Mom giggled out, I rolled my eyes.

"Who was it then?"  Kenneth asked her.

"That dark-haired boy I have told you about, Vinnie's old best friend, Mason." Mom whispered, making Kenneth smile widely at me.

I hid my face with my hands in embarrassment.
"You guys are so embarrassing." I told them, they both started laughing at me.

"We were your age once too!" Kenneth and mom continued laughing. Devon came out of the bathroom and posed at me.

"How do I look?" She asked, I looked at her matching soccer clothes, as I gasped.

"You look amazing!" I told her, as I got up and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you, please tell me that you're coming!" Devon said, Annie came out of the bathroom with her phone in her hand, while she was typing something.

"Yeah, of course I am." I told her, she sat down on the chair beside me and started eating the strawberries.

"I met your boyfriend last night, he was pretty—"

"Shush!" I yelled.

"I was going to say that he was pretty tall!" Devon slapped her hand on her forehead and shook her head.

Could this day get any worse? First it was mom and Kenneth, and now it was Devon.

Mom and Kenneth took big sips of their tea as they looked suspiciously at me. I shook my head and groaned.

"You have good taste in boys, I wouldn't doubt that he was hot." Annie said, looking up from her phone.

I scoffed.
"He's three years old than you, shut it." I mumbled, mom laughed and shook her head.

"And there's only two years between you guys, it's only one years difference."

It annoyed me that mom had to get involved once again, I was getting enough of this conversation already.

"Can we stop talking about Mason?" I shouted, it all went quiet and no one said anything.

"So his name is Mason?" Annie and Devon smirked at me, I sighed and rolled my eyes.

They both started giggling.

"You two, stop bullying your sister!" Mom laughed out, Max came out of his room and looked absolutely killed.

"Why are you all yelling." He groaned, opening the fridge.

"Good morning to you too, Max." I said, looking over at Devon who was laughing at him.

"Shut up, shitheads." He yelled at us, Kenneth gasped and shook his head.

"Do not curse!"

Devon put her middle finger up in the air, Kenneth hadn't seen it but Max definitely had. I slowly put her hand down, looking at how Max and his father were arguing.

"Let's leave, shall we?" Mom said, as she pulled her chair out and got up. We all got up, but Max decided to stay.

"You guys, have lots of fun!" Max sarcastically yelled, I rolled my eyes and walked out with them.

We arrived at the soccer field, as I watched how good Devon actually was. I never knew that she was interested in soccer, but goddamn she had some talent. I felt a hand on my back, I just thought it was mom until I saw mom standing with Kenneth, across the field.

I turned around, looking confused at the guy I keep meeting everywhere.
"Jesus Christ." I mumbled.

"What are you doing here?" Mason asked, like it was weird for me to be here.

"My step-sister, what are you doing here?" I pointed at Devon, and asked him his own question.

"Devon, am I right?"

My eyebrows raised as I nodded, maybe something happened last night, without me remembering.

"Xavier wasn't available to drive his sister to soccer, so I stepped in and drove her instead." Mason explained to me, I didn't even bother looking at him.

"I thought Xavier only had—"

"One sister, no, he has two." He interrupted my sentence, I scoffed and nodded afterwards.

"So did you think about what we talked about yesterday?" Mason asked me, I shrugged.

"I don't remember what we talked about." I said, I wasn't exactly lying, I didn't remember that much from last night. Annie walked over to us, with her phone in her hand again.

"Oh! So this is Mason?" She shouted, I sighed and closed my eyes.

"You have been talking about me? How nice." He smirked, I shook my head as I hoped Annie wouldn't say more.

"She definitely has, she definitely also has a good taste in men." Annie giggled, I rolled my eyes as Mason turned to me and smiled.

"I'd love to hear more about it, ladies, but duty calls." He said, pointing at the other girl team. Before I could do anything, he kissed my cheek and walked away.

I wiped it away from my cheek and scoffed.

"He seems nice." Annie nudged my shoulder gently, I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Definitely not."

It was like he was a brand new person.
___________________________

Hello everyone!

How was your day? What did you spent it on doing? No matter what, I hope you had an amazing day overall.

Thank you reading this chapter! What did you think about it? Don't be shy, you can comment it (:

Any assumptions to what's going to happen in the next chapters?

I love y'all, take care!