83.

I hadn't cried for several days and I felt more than proud of myself. I had finally gotten over the pain in my heart and now I was sure that I would be able to get over him. It's not like a boy would fall down from heaven and then marry me, but we'll see.

I got up from bed and changed into a basic t-shirt and some jeans. I didn't feel like looking pretty. Even though I still brushed through my hair for the second time today.

I decided to leave the house and go for a little walk, maybe even buy a slushy if I was feeling like it. I like how the air felt, for once it didn't feel suffocating like the past few days had felt. I walked across the store and stopped myself as I tried considering if I should go there or not. I decided to go and visit the old lady who owned the store.

I opened the glass door and stepped in, there wasn't many people inside. I got up to the desk and looked around. It was a guy standing as the cashier, he was good looking.
"What flavour slushies are there?" I asked him. He turned around and looked at the machine behind him.

"Um... I don't know if they have specific flavour but there's a red one, blue one, and a brown one." He told me. I nodded and smiled.

"You're new here, aren't you?" I asked him as he nodded in response. I bit my lip and stuck my hand out for him to shake it, he smiled and shook my hand.

"Veronica." I introduced myself.

"Thomas." He answered.

"Nice to meet you, Thomas." I said.

"Nice to meet you too, Veronica." Thomas laughed out, he seemed a little nervous. Maybe it was my presence. I hope I didn't make him uncomfortable, that's the last thing I would want for him.

"I'll take the blue one only." I told him. He nodded and pulled his hand away from me. After a few seconds he returned to the desk with a slushy in his hand as he handed it over to me. I thanked him and gave him the amount of money that he needed.

"Have a good day, Tom!" I said and grabbed it while walking out. I didn't want to hear his response, I found it more interesting if I walked out. Now I knew that I was going to continue going back to that dumb store to see Thomas.

And I was right.

I went there the day after but he wasn't at work, I even asked the old lady. It made me disappointed because I wanted to see him once again. She told me that he would be there every Tuesday and Thursday.

And so I waited till Thursday came.

I went into the store the same time as I did the last time I ran into him.
"Thomas! Nice to see you again." I said and smiled, he smiled back and put his hands on the desk.

"Blue slushy?" He asked, I nodded as I watched him pour it down from the machine down into the cup and then handing it over to me.
"Can I get two straws?" I asked him, he nodded and put another straw down into my drink.

"Oh and... when is your break?" I asked once again. I hoped he didn't feel weirded out by all of my weird question. I drank a bit of the cold drink and looked up at him while doing so.
"Just wait at one of the tables, I'll come in... fifteen minutes?" He looked back at his boss.

I nodded and walked away while choosing a table to sit at. I waited exactly fifteen minutes and looked up at him, he was still up at the desk while helping a customer.

When he finally came over to my table, I checked the clock and shook my head.
"One minute late, already disappointed." I said sarcastically, of course. He laughed a bit and then smiled at me.

"I'm sorry 'bout that. Won't happen again." He said with a very deep voice. I liked his voice. It reminded me of— no. I just liked his voice.

"So, I've never seen you around. Did you just move here?" I asked. Thomas sat back and shrugged.

"I've lived here for a month now. I just got the job though." Thomas explained. I nodded and handed my slushy over to him while he realized who the other straw was for.
"What about you?" He asked as he drank a little of the slushy.

"I've lived here my whole life." I told him, he nodded and smiled.

"I'm sorry you're just—" He cut himself off.

"Very beautiful." Thomas informed me with a grin. His words definitely made me blush more than I expected. I hated blushing, it always made me wonder if I looked stupid while being completely red in the face.

"Thank you! I think you're very handsome as well." I threw the compliment right back in his hands. He grinned and looked down at the table.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"Fifteen."

One year younger, I can deal with that.

"What about you?" He asked me back.

"Sixteen." I told him with a nod. He then nodded back as an awkward silence went out and then I knew that I had to get rid of it immediately.

"I know it's a little weird but can I get your number?" I asked. I don't think I've seen someone smile as wide as he just did to me. He handed me his phone as I dialed my number into it. I handed it back to him and smiled.

"Well... you know. You can just text me whenever you want." I said and got up from my seat.

"Oh and just keep the slushy." I said and winked at him. I then decided to leave the store and go home for the day. I needed to give myself a break for now.
____________________________

Hey! How was your day?

What do we think of Thomas?😫

I hope you guys will actually grow to like him because he'll have to stay for a while lmao.

What did you guys think of this chapter? I hope you enjoyed reading it and if you did please remember to vote, I love you guys so much!<3