35.

"Your mother isn't the nicest person." Mrs Miller said, I took a bite of the bread and nodded.

"I know."

"Didn't you say your brother was getting help?" She asked me, I looked confused at her nodded.

"I spotted a young guy when I talked with her."

Oh.
"Right, that must be my new step-brother, Max." I explained to her.

"Your brother was very close friends with Mason when they were younger, I know exactly how Vincent looks and that for sure looked like him." She laughed out, fuck.

Fuck, she did not.
"Thank you for the breakfast, Mrs Miller, but I really have to get going to my classes." I said, getting up and giving her a quick hug.

I left the house in a hurry, running the way home as fast as I could. I didn't have my keys on me so I checked my window, seeing it open. I crawled in and closed the window afterwards.

I opened the door and looked around the house, opening Vinnie's bedroom door. He turned around and saw me, I gasped and hugged him.

"What happened? Did mom get you out?" I whispered, he nodded and wiped his eyes, with sleeping bags under his eyes.

"It's good to see you back, Veronica." Mom said, from behind me. I turned around and looked into her eyes.

"I specifically told you that he didn't feel good being here, are you out of your fucking mind?" I yelled at her, her eyes widened.

"Do not talk to me like that! That's not how I raised you!" Mom exclaimed.

"No because you were never here!"

"I tried every day—"

"Can you all just shut the fuck up?!" Vinnie yelled, sounding much louder that the both of us combined. I sighed and looked over at Max, he was sitting on the bed and watching everything. I sat down and covered my face with my hands.

"Vin, do you want to go back?" I asked, he ran a hand through his hair and closed his eyes.

"Yes, yes I do." He replied, I sighed in relief and looked over at mom.

"No, not happening." Mom said, she walked out of his room and into the kitchen. Vinnie and I followed her as we both argued with her.

"Do not do this to him, mom!" I yelled, it almost sounded like I was begging.

"We need to build this family up from the start and we can't do that without Vincent! He's completely fine, you force him to think that he's not." She lowly answered, I continued yelling and arguing with her.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Mom." Vinnie mumbled, none of us heard it.

"Mom."

"Mom."

"Mom, I want to go back, is that fucking understood?" Vincent yelled louder, making it echo through the whole house.

Mom took a step closer to him and put her hand on his cheek.
"Sweetheart, you don't know what you are saying." She tried convincing him, he shook his head.

"I know what I'm talking about, please." Vinnie begged, mom looked at him with tears in her eyes. She didn't want to believe it, but at some point she had to.

"I'll think about it, is that okay?" She asked, Vincent nodded and took a step back.

We both watched him leave the kitchen and going back to his own room. I walked out of the house as I sat on the doorsteps.

I had so many emotions going on these past few days, I needed to get my sadness and anger out in some way. I broke down and let all the tears and sadness clear itself out.

Until I heard someone come outside, I quickly wiped my tears away and didn't look behind me.

"Are you okay?" The person asked, I turned around to see Devon. She was one of my new step-sisters. I nodded and looked away again.

She sat down beside me and crossed her legs.
"What are you doing out here?" Devon asked me, I shrugged and sighed.

"I just needed to get my emotions out." I told her, she nodded and smiled.

"There's a lot of emotions in this family." She said, I smiled back and wiped my eyes once again.

"I know that we don't really know each other that much, but you seem like a cool sister— or girl."

"You can call me sister, I don't mind." I told her, she smiled and took my hand, her hands were nice warm.

"Is the middle school nice here?" She asked.

"It's probably a lot different now, but yeah, that was probably one of the best years of my life." I explained to Devon, her smile was incredibly cute.

"How is high school? Is it harder?" Devon asked, I instantly nodded very much.

"Definitely, I'm a sophomore and I already can't wait to graduate." I laughed out, Devon giggled.

"Um, what about boys? Do you have a boyfriend?" She questioned me, I shook my head and shrugged.

"In high school you have to be very careful around the boys, some people just tries to use you for—" I cut myself off when I looked at the innocent girl in front of me.

"Oh come on! I know what sex is, I'm twelve!"

I gasped as Devon started laughing loudly, laughing at her own joke so badly.

"Okay, okay! Well, some boys just want you for sex. And that really hurts, so be careful with that, okay?"

"Okay, thank you." She said, wrapping her hands around me and squeezing. I put my arms around her as well as she pulled away and got up, reaching her hand out for me.

I got up and took her hand, while she lead her back inside to the room that we now shared together.

"Dad says I can get a Harry Styles blanket to my new bed!" Devon told me, pointing at the bed there stood in the corner.

"We might have to share it." I laughed out, she excitedly jumped down on her bed and smiled.

"I love you already!"
_____________________________

STAN DEVON

Anyways, how was your day?

Thank you for reading! Remember to vote. What do you think will happen in the next chapter?

I love you guys! Thank you for 7k readers, I'm so fricking thankful for y'all wanting to read the shit I write<3