58.

MATURE CONTENT
"And what do you feel about Tyler telling you all of these things? Did anything go through your mind that usually wouldn't?" The therapist asked.

"I was just... shocked? After every memory we had made together, she had just used me. I thought I was the shitty person for being in love with her brother but... it was just such a fast turn." I described my feelings to her, she nodded.

"What about Mason? What is going to happen between you now?" Tahlia asked, I took a deep breath and shook my head.

"I don't know, I really don't. I know I'm going to tell him, but not yet. This was such a big shocker for me as well, I need time to process it as well." I told her, she nodded again.

"Do you feel like you can say anything to Mason?" She asked me, I instantly nodded.

"I know I can tell him everything, and I trust him with everything I have. It's just the position we are in, everything is just so confusing and hard to keep track off." I said.

"Okay so let me get this right, you and Mason started your relationship by sex at first, and then you fell in love with him afterwards, do you maybe think Kayla thinks the same about your brother?" The female therapist asked me, I shrugged.

"Maybe, but with Mason there's just something completely different. I'm just so happy around him, he constantly makes me get butterflies and there's just this giant spark between us." I explained, she smiled at me and nodded.

"Do you think that you're in love with him?"

"I don't think, I know I am." I answered, feeling the butterflies just by thinking of him.

When I walked out of the therapist's office and down the stairs, I was nervous to talk with Kenneth. He had promised me that he would talk with my mom about me wanting to talk with my father.

I opened the door and went to the parking lot, seeing my step-father's car there. I walked over and he unlocked the car from the inside.  I opened the door and sat on the seat, putting my seat belt on.

"How was the session?" Kenneth asked.

"It was good." I said, tightening the belt.

"Good." Was all he said, I was surprised, I expected him to say what they had been talking about. I guess I got the silence treatment this time.

"So, have you been talking to mom?" I asked, he kept his eyes on the road and slowly nodded.

"Yeah. You have plans with your father on Sunday, she'll tell you the address." He told me, I nodded and sat back. This felt like good news, but my body didn't feel like it.

"I never got to say this, but thank you for taking so good care of my kids, I know how much you struggled with your mother and I being together at first." He said, giving me a big smile.

"It's not something you should thank me for, your kids are amazing." I told him.

"They really are. I hope you know that I see you like my daughter now, if you don't mind it." He said, nudging my shoulder.

"I don't mind, at all." I said, looking out on the road and focusing at the cars in front of us.

When we finally got home, I went into my room and took my jacket off, putting it in my closet.

"Your friend is a real bitch." Annie said, I nodded and sat down.

"If it's Tyler we are talking about, that is absolutely true." I said. I was hoping that he was okay, I hadn't seen him so crushed before and it made my heart ache. I was more than excited to have Kayla back. I wasn't mad about the fact that he got with my brother, because I did the same. But she became friends with me to get with him, which is a big difference.