69.

I poured the milk down in the bowl, afterwards I put the cereal in. Vinnie stood beside me and took a glass of water, not even bothering saying anything to me.

"You should invite Mason over for dinner." Mom suggested, I hadn't even seen that she came into the kitchen because I was too focused about the cereal. I put the milk back into the fridge.

"Who is going to be there?" I asked, mom shrugged and looked over at Vinnie.

"Us, all of us." She said loudly, making Vinnie scoff at her. I rolled my eyes at his ignorance and arrogance.

"Don't expect me to show up. He's a manwhore, nothing else." Vincent said, making my stomach drop.

"Fuck you, Vinnie." I said, mom gasped.

"Don't curse!"

"Fuck you too, Veronica." He said with a sarcastic smile.

"No, fuck you. I did everything for you to become happy, but when I suddenly find someone that makes me happy, you have the audacity to say this shit." I was tired of constantly getting ignored by him, when I would support him no matter what.

"I don't care, don't come running back to me when he breaks your heart." Vincent placed his glass down on the counter hard, as he left the kitchen.

"Don't listen to him, sweetheart, just invite Mason over and we'll figure something out." Mom said, I slowly nodded and put a spoon down in the bowl.

"Good morning to you too." Max said, I smiled and placed my cereal on the dinner table.

"What did I miss?" He asked, pulling the chair beside me out.

"Vinnie being an asshole." I told him, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked away in a confused way.

"What happened?"

"He won't accept that I'm dating Mason, they used to be best friends." I explained, Devon came running out of her room with a big carpet around her body, she almost looked dead.

"Am I hallucinating or is Harry Styles on your back?" Max asked her, Devon smiled when she heard his name getting mentioned.

"There's a reason that this is my favourite carpet. Mom! Is there some watermelon and sugar?" She yelled to mom, mom was probably so confused.

"What?" She yelled back, Devon sighed and opened the fridge.

"I'll talk to Vincent for you, yeah?" Max said as he got up and was about to walk out.

"Yeah, thank you." I answered, he nodded with a smile and went back into the living room.

"Do you need me to drive you to the school?" Mom walked into the kitchen again and asked me, I shook my head and turned to Devon.

"And what was it about that watermelon?" She asked Devon, Devon sighed and sat down.

"Nothing." She mumbled and placed her head on the table while closing her eyes. I was supposed to get ready in a few minutes, but I didn't have the strength to get up just yet.

"Why do you call him Vinnie instead of Vincent?" Devon asked me, I smiled at the question.

"As kid I always loved Winnie the Pooh, so instead of saying Vincent, I started calling him Vinnie because it reminded me of Winnie. Then everyone else started calling him it as well, but that was the main reason." I explained to her, she nodded.

"Anyways, I'm going to go get ready, have a nice day in school!" I told her, she was too tired to even answer. I went back to our room and noticed Annie with a very new dress on.