84.

MASON'S POV

I tapped my finger at the desk twice and changed the way I was sitting. I was nervous, more than nervous. I had to decide where to put my applications at, my college applications. I was thinking Yale, but I'm not sure.

Mom told me to apply at Harvard but I'm not near that level at all. Columbia or Princeton could be a possibility as well. Maybe even Stanford. I was thinking about all of them so I decided to say fuck it and apply for all of them.

I was leaving everything behind and I will finally be able to find a little peace somewhere. I closed my computer and got out of my bed. I decided to go downstairs but that was a dumb mistake, my parents were fighting as always. I didn't know if I was supposed to get involved, I was scared that my father would lay a finger on my mother.

"You are nothing like him."

"You are nothing like him, I swear."

Her voice kept haunting my mind. She was right, I was nothing like my father and I am very proud of that. I could never cheat on Veronica or anywhere near that. I keep talking about her, shit. It was something I was used to, having her on my mind no matter what.

But then it went silent in the living room and I heard noises. I knew what was going on. I walked into the living room and saw my mom on the floor, she was holding her hand on her cheek. My fathers eyes snapped to mine and my anger went overboard.

I threw the first punch.

I don't really remember anything else than almost getting fucking killed.

"You're killing him, stop it, please Andrew!" Mom screamed out which even made Kayla run down the stairs and try to get him away from me. My eyes were getting dizzier for every time he decided to beat his own child up.

"You, son, will always be like me."

And then I passed out.

I woke up after... how many hours? I don't even know but when I looked out of the hospital mirrors, it was dark. Mom fell asleep on the chair that was placed there. I got up and pulled everything away from my body and walked out to the hallway.

There she was.

"Oh my god, are you okay?"

I nodded.

"What happened?" Veronica asked. Instead of answering her I decided to just wrap my arms around her.

It felt so real.

But it was just a dream. Of course it was just a dream. Mom was actually awake and Kayla was also there. They noticed I was awake as I sat up and removed myself from the bed.

"You have to rest. The nurse says that you might have a concussion." Mom whispered to me as she tried pushing me back down. I shook my head and gently pushed her arms away from me.

"I'm okay." I mumbled. Kayla shook her head as her eyes started filling up with unbearable tears. She walked over to me and hugged me tighter than ever.

"You shouldn't have stepped in like that." Mom said while Kayla was crying into my chest.
"He hit you." I reminded her.

"I can see that you are awake, Mr. Miller." The nurse said. I sighed and sat back down on the bed. She started running some weird tests on me but I didn't give a fuck, I just wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Can the two of you step out for a real test?" The woman asked my mother and sister, they nodded as they left and closed the door behind them.

"I'm going to ask you some questions and your allowed to not answer if you don't want to." She whispered in a calm tone. I already knew what she was going to say.

"If you're going to ask what happened, I'll gladly tell you. My—" I stopped myself and thought about my mother. I knew that she would never forgive me and that she would be incredibly mad at me.

"I came into a fight with one of the boys in my class." I lied. I hated fucking doing this, the next time something like this would happen I will be more than prepared and I mean that will all of my seriousness.

After a few hours I was allowed to go home because of my test results finally coming back. I was tired of still living under the same roof as my father and I couldn't wait to become eighteen. But leaving my mother here alone is a scary thought as well. I don't know if I will ever be able to do that.

Maybe I could move in with Veronica and take my mother with me. Mom loves Veronica so I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

Right, I don't have Veronica anymore.

I sighed and tossed my shit around my room. I felt so fucking frustrated and didn't how to make it stop. I wanted to murder Xavier. If I had Veronica by my side right now, she would tell me something calming that would help any human being.

That's her thing, helping people around her.

I stared at the white ceiling. I felt too empty to do anything else. I was almost beaten to death, I don't think I'm able to do anything else. Or I can. Fight for her. I got up and got dressed. I tried to look the best I could, but it was more difficult than I thought.

I left my house without telling anyone anything. I got to her house and knocked on the front door three times in a row. The door went up as I looked at Annie, she looked very angry at me. I understood why, but she had to understand.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Annie whisper-yelled at me as she stepped out of the house and held the door half closed behind her.

"I have to talk to Veronica." I told her.

"No, you don't. Leave." She said to me. I didn't want to lose hope yet.

"No. I need to at least have a word with her." I said to Annie with begging eyes. Annie stepped closer to me with her eyes almost burning up while looking at me. Veronica was not as mad at me as she was.

"She's finally moving on with another boy and of course you have to show up. Leave her alone, Mason." She said and pushed me away. I felt a familiar ache in my heart. I looked down at the floor and took a deep breath.

"Another boy?" I asked. Annie nodded. She wasn't my Veronica anymore and maybe I had to accept that. Maybe. Or maybe Annie was lying so she could make me disappear.

"Another boy, yeah? What's his name?" I questioned. Annie rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"His name is Thomas and he works at the candy store down the street." She explained. Oh wow, she wasn't kidding. It made my stomach twist more than before.

"Ah, okay. Great. Amazing. Cool. Tell her that I said hi." I said and turned around while walking down the door steps. Annie slammed the door when I left, I got why she was mad at me but not even Veronica was that mad.

Fuck that. She's allowed to move on. That's what I told her to do. And now I'm regretting it. I can't do anything about it, the only thing I hope happens is that she's happy.
__________________________

Hey sexy people (:

How are we feeling today? I'm feeling like absolute shit but I hope you guys know that it's okay to not feel okay and that we all have days like this. You're not alone!

I love you lovely people so much, I really hope you enjoyed your day as much as you could. Did you like this chapter? I hope you did! And do you want more of his povs?

Please vote if you liked reading this chapter!<33