25.

MASONS POV
"You don't seem like it to me." She told me, my stomach dropped as I tried keeping myself together.

"What would I have to do to become real?" I asked, with a cocky smile. Veronica looked away and sighed.

"Actually mean something to me." She said, getting up and jumping down off the roof again. Leaving me sitting there alone, but I wasn't going to let her go too easy.

I followed her as she didn't notice me, putting my hand on her door so it wouldn't close.
"I don't mean anything to you?" I asked, she turned around and started covering her face with her hands.

She turned around again, wiping the tears away from her pretty face.
"You mean too much to me, Mason, and I know that I don't mean a single shit to you. Which is the problem."

Veronica started crying again, wiping the tears away.
"I don't know why I'm crying right now, I'm probably getting my period tomorrow." She laughed out.

"I don't mean anything to you?" I repeated myself, she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"You're only here when you're horny!" She shouted in my face, I closed the door so no one would hear.

"And the only person that did care is gone, he's going to be away for so much again and everything and everyone is bothering me! You are fanning down my back! Tyler is so fucking upset that I didn't tell anyone that I'm in love with you!" She yelled, I hadn't felt the feeling of butterflies in a long time.

But it upset me seeing the tears streaming down her face.
"I said I love you because that's what Tyler apparently said—"

I wiped the tears away with my thumb, feeling the warm tears on my thumb. She pushed my hand away and did it herself.

Stop doing that, Veronica, let me do it, for gods sake.
"You can leave now, I don't want to fuck. I'm pretty tired." Veronica explained to me, laying under the covers. It felt like I had to force myself to leave her room, I turned the lights off and closed the door behind me.

I didn't walk away from her door, I couldn't make myself move.

I opened the door once again, going inside and she looked confused at me. I laid down beside her in her bed, looking at her tired face.

"What are you doing in my bed?" She muttered, turning around so she didn't have to look at me.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her cheek.
"It feels like I'm going to die without him." Veronica choked out, she turned around and looked at me.

"Why does it feel like that?" She asked.

"You're just feeling anxious, that's all." I whispered, she shook her head and forced a smile.

"I'm not going to make it without him." She cried out, fuck. I'm not good in these situations, so I just pulled her into me.

She was against my chest, while I removed the hair covering her face.
"He's going to be back soon, you know that as well." I tried sounding comforting.

"I'm sorry, I'm so tired that I don't even know what I'm saying." She groaned out quietly, closing her eyes. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep, I gave her lips a quick kiss.

When I woke up, I could feel small fingers on my lips. I slowly opened my eyes, looking at Veronica that traced her finger around my face.

"Good morning to you too." I smiled, closing my eyes again.

"Can we forget what I said yesterday?" She asked, I opened my eyes as I looked at her.

"Please?"

"Fine." I answered, she smiled and started playing with my hair.

"Do you have any plans?" She questioned, I nodded.
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm taking Athena out on a date." I told her, her smile dropped but she forced it back on.

"Cool." Veronica said.

"Why are you asking?" I asked her, she shrugged.

"I was planning on asking you if I could show you something but, we might as well forget about it now." She smiled at me, as she made distance between us on the bed.

"You should get out before Kayla gets in here." Veronica cleared her throat, while petting her cat.

"Okay, bye." I said, getting up and leaving her room. Yeah, I know that I just completely ruined the mood.

I walked downstairs as I saw Kayla sitting in the living room.
"Kay?" I yelled out, she got up and walked over to me. I hugged her as I remembered everything what Veronica said last night, who knows what might happen.

"Are you okay?" Kayla asked, I nodded and let go of her.

"Remember that I love you, very much!" I yelled, while walking away. She was clearly very confused.

I did actually go on that date, but Athena was so boring.
"I was wondering if you'd ever date me?" She asked, I looked down at my plate and forced a smile.

"I definitely would." I lied, she took my hand.

"Why don't you ask me then?" Athena questioned me, I smiled and looked at her.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I just gave her what she wanted to hear, she happily nodded and hugged me over the table.

Always just give whatever the ladies want.

That doesn't mean I'm going to be a good boyfriend though.

______________________________

Hello! Thank you for reading this chapter, what did you think? I would love to hear your opinion<3

It was so hard trying to write those two chapters, I seriously wanted to cry so bad lol.

Remember to like and vote, I love you very much and I appreciate each one of you on here!

Thank you for all the love and support I've received, I'm really grateful to have you reading whatever I put up on here!