41.

As I walked into the library once again, Mason was sitting at my usual table, I decided to sit at another table just for today.

He got up as he saw me and sat down at the end of the table. I took the English book out and started reading it without saying a word.

"Veronica?" Mason whispered, gently tapping the table while trying to get my attention. I looked up annoyed at him and waited for him to say more.

"Can I try this move on you? It's something I have to do for my English class, something about describing the feeling or some shit." Mason said, I shook my head and looked back down at the book.

"Come on, please." He begged, I got up and sighed.

"What." I asked, he smiled as he also got up.

"Okay, take both of your hands up." What the actual fuck was he doing? I don't think I've been more confused than this.

"Mhm." I hummed, as he took them down again, my eyebrows raised in confusion as he smashed his lips on mine, I immediately pushed him away and slapped him.

"What the fuck! You know that I'm dating Ace." I said, pushing his chest as I wiped my lips.

"Good luck with saving your relationship." Mason smiled at me, my heart stopped and I turned to the side, seeing Xavier taking pictures.

No, no, no. No need to worry, Ace is your boyfriend, Veronica, and he'll listen and understand. I took the books in my hand as I left the library feeling so frustrated about everything.

Me : let's talk outside?

Ace : okay.

I put my phone away, hoping that he hadn't seen any picture or video at all. I walked in a fast pace, getting outside.

"Hey baby." Ace said, I smiled and hugged him.

"So what did you want to talk about?—" His phone got an notification, he took his phone out and started scrolling. He turned his phone around for me to see the pictures of Mason kissing me.

I shook my head.
"He kissed me and I pushed him away as fast as I could, I swear." I tried explaining to him, my voice sounding shaky. Ace started walking away from me, going back inside.

I had followed him the whole way to the hallways, trying to convince him about what happened.
"Was that why you wanted to talk, hm?"

"No, no! I wanted to tell you something." I said, trying to hold the tears back, but when the first tear rolled down, I just couldn't hold it back.

"What?!" He shouted in my face, I flinched a little and took a deep breath.

"I love you too."

Ace shook his head as I tried grabbing his arm, he pushed it away harshly.
"I love you!" I yelled, everyone was basically looking at us.

"Fuck you." Ace said, I let go of him as I watched him walk away. Heartbreak felt terrible, feeling so lost.

I walked to the girls restrooms, closing the door and looking at myself in the mirror. I just broke down, hoping no one was in the toilet stalls. I couldn't even see properly, my eyes were giving up on me.

Then someone flushed one of the toilets, I quickly wiped my tears away and pretended to do my makeup. Athena walked over to the sink beside me and washed her hands.

"Are you okay?" She asked, I nodded and forced a big smile. Athena took her mascara out and started fixing her eyelashes.

"Did something happen with Ace?" Athena questioned, we met each other's eyes in the mirror.

"Whatever happen, you'll have to fix it before next week."

"What?" I asked, I was completely clueless.

"We are moving back to our old town, I knew we wouldn't be staying here for too long." She laughed out, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I like your outfit." Athena complimented me as she walked out. Did Ace even plan on telling me? I wiped my tears away once again, looking into my red eyes. I couldn't be at school right now, I wasn't in my right mind.

And then, after that day, I stayed in bed and skipped school everyday.

My mom was worried, my siblings were worried, everyone was worried. Ace had broken up with me, and I wasn't able to keep myself together. They were already packing their things, I didn't have the courage to go visit him yet.

"Veronica, get up. What is wrong with her?" Devon asked Annie, I closed my eyes and pulled the blanket further up.

"She just got her heartbroken, let's give her some space, yeah?"

Devon and Annie were the one who regularly checked up on me, always talked with me, brought me food, and asked if I was doing better every day.

Mom would just yell at me and tell me to get up, even though Kenneth would argue with her about being nice. Max would have deep talks with me, speaking about his experiences, which always made me feel a little better.

Hearing that I wasn't the only one who had to go through all of this shit. Kayla and Tyler had been over a couple of times, bringing McDonald's and milkshakes.

I appreciated everything that all of those people had done for me, but it was just hard to keep focus on when every good thing in my life just got ruined.

Or, the main thing just got ruined.

Ace hadn't told anyone about it, especially not that it was my best friends brother. No matter how much I would text him, he would tell me to go back to sleep or to go and focus on school.

I really missed him.

I don't know what to do without Ace.

____________________________

I'm sorry I just ruined team Ace for y'all ): </3

What did you think of this chapter?

I hope y'all enjoyed reading, thank you for reading and thank you for so many reads!! I never thought I'd come this far, I'm serious.

Remember that I love you, have a great day and remember to vote<3