7.

"Don't you dare lie to me. Why would you reject him?" I asked through the phone, I was FaceTiming Kayla after seeing how crushed Tyler was.

"It's not because I don't like him, there's just a lot of stuff happening recently and I don't wanna make it seem like he's boring me." She explained, I wanted to ask what it was but I decided not to.

"How did he react?" Kayla asked me, I bit my lip and looked at her through the phone.

"He was absolutely crushed, but he will get over it, trust me." I assured her, she nodded.

It went quiet between us, which rarely happens.
"If you wanna talk about it, I'm always here." I told her. She was about to say something until I could hear a lots of shouting in the background. I suddenly got worried, it sounded like a man's voice.

"Fuck, I need to go. I'll text you later." She said, not hesitating with hanging up on me. I started getting nervous, hoping she was okay.

Me : She obviously likes you, that isn't why she rejected you.

Ty : She said that?

Me : Mhm, her life is just a little complicated right now. She wants to wait for the right moment.

After I sent that message, he left me on read. I got up and left my room.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked my brother, he looked suspicious.

"I am going out with the guys." He told me, I nodded and looked at the alcohol bottles placed on the counter.

"Have fun." Was the only thing I said.

"Veronica." Vincent said, making me snap out of whatever thoughts I was thinking about.

"Stay away from Hayes, I don't want you to be fucking my best friend." He blurted out, my stomach sank.

"Hm, I might as well fuck your enemy." I jokingly said with a laugh.

"Mason? No fucking way, stay away from him too." Vincent demanded.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed.
"I was joking, idiot." I told him, even though he was aware of it himself.

"If that ever happens, I will murder the both of you! Especially him!" He yelled, I groaned and shook my head.

Vinnie grabbed the bottles and walked over to me, grabbing my head and kissing my forehead.

"I love you, if you need anything text me, alright?" He asked, I nodded. Watching him leaving the front door.

"I love you too, by the way!" I yelled, remembering that I forgot to say it back. I heard the door close as I sighed.

I looked around the empty house, not knowing what to do. I put some random movie on, too boring.

Did Hayes tell my brother? Why would he even do that? He knows Vincent has anger issues, I'm sure everyone knows.

But it's not like he can control it. When we were younger and we started arguing, he would come back to my room while crying, apologizing so many times. That really showed how much he regretted it.

I honestly missed my mom. She was never here, always at work. It was like she never cared unless I got in trouble in school.

And it's not like I have a dad to support me, he was never here for me or Vincent.

Here I was, fucking my life even more up. I don't know why, but I'm just not able to say no to Mason. I really hated it, but at the same time I had no idea why he wanted me or something to do with me at least.

It was even worse that I watched him beat my brother completely up, which traumatised me but here I am. Everyone that would hear this would be so confused on why I would be doing this to myself, my brother, and my best friend,

But I don't have an explanation for it.

God, I wished I had.

I took my phone and went onto Lisa's Instagram account. She just posted something on her story a few minutes ago.
She was cuddling with Mason in her bed right now, I should have known. I felt like throwing up all of a sudden, I think I just figured out that he's using me.

This could not have been more of a boring day, I just wanted it to be over.

Then I thought of something. I took my phone out and clicked on messages, messaging my brother.
Me : I'm buying a cat, I don't care what you say.

My mom had left a lot of money for food, little did she know that I was going to use the money for something else. I took my shoes on and walked to the closest pet shop.

I took a look at the different cats, there was one that caught my eye the most. The cute little ginger one.

I decided to adopt him, naming him Freddie. Taking him home, I wanted to clean him. I know cats clean themselves but who knows what happened in that pet store.

At first, he was very against the shower like every normal cat would be. He started calming down and enjoying it more.

I wrapped a towel against him as I put him in his new cat bed. Putting two bowls in front of him, one with cat food and the other one with water.

I got my phone out and saw how Vinnie panicked over text, I sent him a picture of Freddie. I sat up in my bed, opening my computer up as I watched Outer Banks.

I could tell the new cat was getting used to the house. Walking around and getting used to the smell of me. Freddie crawled up in my bed and layed down on me.

I took a picture of us, he was too cute not to. I wanted to put it up on my Instagram story for a special reason.

Closing my computer and falling asleep, I was so tired. When I finally woke up, I felt dead. I checked my Instagram and swiped down so I could see who had seen it. My account wasn't private, so a lot of unknown people had probably seen it.

There was one that caught my attention.

Mason's account was there, what a fucking stalker.

Freddie seemed like he liked my bed a lot, so I let him sleep there for the rest of the day.

_______________________________

Heyyyy! How's it going?

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter even though it was REALLY boring. I tried making it interesting especially adding Freddie to the story.

Trust me, this is the only boring chapter there will be. There will be so much drama so get ready for it (;

Oh and I'm thinking about changing my username but I'm not sure, I need a good name first lol.