6.

MATURE CONTENT

A week later, nothing exciting happened. I started ignoring Hayes and Mason. I felt so embarrassed about the 'date' with Hayes so I just quit texting him.

I could tell he was confused, his death stares said it all.

Tyler promised me to keep quiet about the party and what he saw. He kept his promise and Kayla still doesn't know. There's really no reason for her to, I already cut everything with Mason off.

"Did you see what Lisa posted?" Kayla said, pointing at her phone. I took her phone out of her hand and looked at the picture.

"Yeah apparently she's dating Mason now, gross." Tyler mumbled, looking at me. I laughed and sighed.

"So much love from me and Mase, who the fuck says that?" I read the caption out loud, Kayla burst out laughing and started slapping my thigh.

I looked through my phone's messages.

Mom : I won't be back till next week, text me if you need money!

Classic mom move. I scrolled through the rest of my texts.

Hayes : Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something?

No, you didn't. I closed my phone and put it down in my pants pocket.

"Guys, I have to go to my locker before the classes start." I explained, getting up,

They nodded, leaving tension between the two of them. This could be Tyler's change to finally invite Kayla out.

I unlocked my locker and took my English books out, Hayes walked out of one of the classrooms and unfortunately saw me.

"Veronica, hey."

I cleared my throat.
"Hey." I slowly responded.

"Did I do something?" He asked, I sighed and shook my head instantly.

"I just don't think whatever is going on between is us going to work out, especially because your best friend is my brother." I reminded him, he bit his lip and nodded.

"Okay, I get it. See you around." Hayes walked away, I sighed and slammed my head in one of the other lockers.

"Aw, you're ignoring him now?"

"Jesus fuck! Why can I never get a break from any of you?!" I yelled with so much frustration.

Mason scoffed and rolled his eyes at me.
"I already told you, I want nothing to do with you." I slammed my locker and took my phone out.

Ty : Kayla just rejected me.

What. I opened my locker again and put my books back as the bell rang.

"Are you there?" Mason asked, I hadn't been listening to whatever he said.

"No." I answered, replying to Tyler's message as fast as possible.

"You can't ignore me forever." He said, I laughed at that sentence.

Me : Meet me at my locker.