65.

I was at the park with Tyler, because he was as lonely as he was. Then Kayla showed up, I had no idea how she knew that we were here.

"How did she know that we were here?" I asked Tyler, nudging his arm. His eyes snapped to Kayla's as he looked down at his phone.

"Um, I accidentally posted a picture of us here on my private story. Well, it was mostly so Annie knew that we were hanging out without her but I forgot that Kayla was in it as well." Tyler was explaining it too fast.

"Hey." Kayla said, Tyler and I went completely quiet.

"Okay, the silence, I get it. I just wanted to apologize to the both of you, for every dumb thing I've done. I'm not saying that you should forgive me, because I know that I don't deserve it. What I'm trying to say is, no matter what, I hope we can still be nice to each other at some point, now that we are going to be around each other for a long time." She said.

"I don't need us to be friends, just treat each other's nicely even though I don't deserve it." Kayla added.

"Sounds fine with me." I told her as I turned to Tyler.

"Fine." Tyler just said, Kayla nodded and took a few steps back.

"Great." She muttered quietly under her breath.

"Where are you headed off to?" I asked her, she cleared her throat and forced a smile.

"I'm just hanging out with Athena, but I just felt like I had to clear these things up with you guys first." Kayla told us, I nodded and she did the same.

She started walking away, and I turned to Tyler again. He looked everything but happy with the conversation we just had with her. But then she came back after a few minutes.

"Oh and Tyler? I do really love you." That was the last thing Kayla said, and then she walked away again. I took his hand and tried getting eye contact, but he just looked down.

"She's so messed up." He mumbled and finally looked over at me.

"But it's fine, you have a crush on Annie anyway." I winked at him, he started blushing and pushed my head away.

"Don't you have a dinner to attend to?" He asked, I checked the clock and got up.

"Shit, yes I do. I'll text you later, love you!"

I sat down at the dinner table and waited for Mason to sit down beside me as well, but he didn't.

"Mom, do you need any help with the meal?" He asked her, I looked over at her and she shook her head.

"No, it's okay dear, I got this." She said as she placed different meals and drinks on the table, I always admired the way that his mother did so much out of simple dinners.

"Thank you for all of these meals, but it really wasn't necessary to make this many." I said, looking around all the different bowls and plates.

"I just couldn't stop myself this time." She giggled out, Mason smiled at her and then at me. I took some of the spaghetti, as I tried eating as much as I could.

"I hoped the two of you would start dating after what Mason asked me in the living room, especially because it was easy to tell who he was thinking about." His mother laughed out, then I started getting curious.

"What did he ask you?" I questioned, Mason was shaking his head at his mother, but the smile continued being on her lips.

"He asked me 'mom, how do you know that you're in love?' And so I told him, of course." She said, eating some more of the food. I took his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"But Mason is graduating soon, and I'm assuming he's going to college. So, you should probably figure something out by that time." She reminded me, which made me get nervous.

"Ah, yes, college." I mumbled, removing my hand from his.

He's leaving soon, god. Mason is leaving me soon.

"Mom, we don't have to talk about that right now." Mason said, clearing his throat. Mrs. Miller nodded and drank the water in her glass.

"How was the vacation?" I asked her.

"It was great to get away from work and home, next time you're more than welcome to join." She said, making me redden completely up.

"That's so nice of you to say." I giggled nervously.

"I mean it!" Mrs. Miller said, I hid my face with my hands, knowing that I probably was completely red by now. When people said things like this, it made my heart warm up and my face as well.

"I miss baking with you, dear." She said, I really missed it as well.

"I missed baking with you as well, we should do it some time again soon." I suggested, she nodded and took my hand.

"You're always welcome here, I hope you're aware of that." She whispered, but loud enough for me to hear.

"Thank you, for everything."
___________________________

This chapter was very short, but y'all can just imagine the rest... I definitely couldn't 😭

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you did, please remember to vote so I know<3

I finally made an Insta so go follow it!! It's ashley.parkerrr and I will probably post a lot of reminders or quotes from these two books (-:

How was your day? I hope it was great, if it wasn't, you can always dm me! I'm planning on making an Instagram acc but I'm not fully sure yet.

I love you, thank you for reading.

<3