82.

Tyler shook his head at Lisa and crossed his arms while sitting back, trying to get comfortable in his seat.
"I'm bored." He complained. Annie sighed but nodded anyway.

"Me too." She said and looked out of the window beside her. It was so dark outside, not speaking of how late it was as well. Tyler, Lisa, and Wyatt had arrived earlier and then stayed afterwards. Mom and Kenneth was at work, the rest of the house was asleep so there wasn't anyone to argue with.

"We should drink." Lisa said.

"Like... water?" I asked.

Lisa shook her head with a laugh.
"No! I meant alcohol." She whispered the last word. Tyler and Annie gave each other a cute little look, almost like they knew what the both of them were thinking about.
"We should do a shot game or something."

"We can't go down and buy it, none of us are legal." Tyler whispered and Annie nodded at his words. Lisa raised and eyebrow and looked around.

"Well... your parents must have hidden something somewhere. Don't tell me that they never drink!" Lisa objected. Annie cocked and eyebrow but didn't argue with her. Without saying a word she got up and disappeared into the living room. Tyler put his hand on my shoulder and looked at me with a concerned face.

"You okay?" He asked and I just nodded.

Annie came back with three long bottles in her hand, she had found some alcohol somewhere in this hidden house. I never knew that my mother would hide that away, but I see what made her do it. After a few minutes everyone started taking shots and drinking almost everything.

I took one of the bottles that still were filled up with the alcohol and decided to chug it all down. I don't know why, it just felt right. The others started dancing and yelling, they were definitely going to wake someone up soon enough.

They went to the living room while I stayed in the kitchen. I took my phone out as my eyes were a little blurry, I decided to ignore that. I called him, a thing I wouldn't do if I was sober.

"Hi." I whispered into the phone when I could hear that he actually picked it up.
"Hi, what's up?" He answered. Hearing his voice again made me warm up.

"I just wanted to hear your voice." I blurted out, feeling my cheeks burn up in embarrassment.

"You should go to sleep, it's late." Mason answered. I sighed and tried fighting the tears back. My friends were making a lot of noise in the background.

"I can't sleep without you, I get these dumb nightmares." I told him. I could hear him chuckle in a soft way on the other line of the phone.

"Well then... you shouldn't be talking with me right now. You sound drunk and when you're sober again you'll probably be even madder at me." He said. I shook my head and let the tears fall while sniffing a bit.

"I'm not mad! I swear, I'm not mad." I cried out. It went awfully silent on the other side of the phone.

"Maybe that's the problem. I'm not able to forgive myself and you aren't supposed to either." Mason told me. I shook my head and wiped the tears away.

"Who are you with right now?" He asked.

"Um... Tyler, Lisa, Wyatt, and Annie." I said.

"Enjoy your time with them instead of wasting it while talking to me." It almost sounded like he was demanding me to do so. I brought my knees up to my face and avoided the tears.

"You have to let me go, Veronica. I'm no good for you."

"You're more than good for me! I swear. Please just come back to me, please." I begged into the phone. My throat was drier than ever and I felt like I was dizzy, everything felt wrong.

"No, I'm so sorry. Don't cry over me, it breaks my heart hearing this." He said and hung up. I felt my chest hurt so bad, everything hurt. My hands were shaking too much, I wasn't even able to cover my mouth with it. I put my phone down and took the bottle in my hand as I was about to drink the rest of what was left.

"You sure that you want to do that?" Wyatt asked, I looked up and cleared my throat while pushing the tears away.

"Don't bother. You don't have to put a mask on for me." Wyatt said while pulling a chair out and sitting down beside me.
"Tell me about everything, every single thought of yours, every single feeling of yours, everything." He said as he took my hand.

"I hate myself for not being angry at him. I want to be, so much. I also hate him for pushing me away, I just want him back. I miss him so much and the only thing I want is to see his beautiful face once again. It's not fair, I hate myself for being this forgiving. Why does good things always go away again?" I asked and looked over at Wyatt.

"I don't know, you tell me." He said and gave my hand a small and gentle squeeze.

"Maybe it's because there is no such thing as good things existing." I mumbled. That was a lie, everything with Mason was a good thing. He made me so happy, every single part of him made me endlessly happy.

"Are you drunk right now? Because I definitely am and I feel like shit." I cried out even harder. Wyatt shook his head and removed his hand from mine and put it in my shoulder instead.

"What we had was the best thing I have ever experienced and I don't think I'm ready to let go." I whispered into his chest. I could feel him nod.

"You don't have to let go of it right now, just take your time. Don't rush yourself, Veronica. Even if Annie pushes you to forget about him." He told me. I nodded and let myself cry out for once, that was a thing I would never do in front of anyone else in the room.

I was going to let myself heal, no hurrying anymore.
____________________________

Hiii! I hope you had an amazing day my love! Can I remind you of how great you look today? I am so jealous of how beautiful you are AND I MEAN IT.

I won't be arguing with anyone in the comments, you're beautiful suck it up!!

I am soon done with this book which hurts my feelings so bad. I have grown so much love for the book and the characters, the plot and everything. So soon you will be expecting an epilogu mmm from me and that will be the end of this story.

My heart hurts just from writing this.

Anyways, when I'm done with this book I will be publishing the first chapter of Typical Secrets which is also a book about high schoolers so if you enjoyed the topic and everything in this book, you would probably also like the new one. I'm not saying it will be exactly like this, but if you enjoyed this book you would maybe also find pleasure in reading the other! (:

Did you enjoy reading this chapter? I hope you did! Please vote so I know and will be aware of it<33