17.

MASONS POV

When I left my room with Veronica sleeping in my bed, I went to stop the party, sending everyone home.

Everything was going smoothly, I finally got Veronica under my covers.

When I got back into my room, I looked at her face while she was sleeping.
Observing every single detail about her.

She didn't seem like a sensitive girl, I just need to get under her skin and make her comfortable enough to tell me anything.

But I knew what to do to break her first, making out with Lisa close enough to her locker. Then I'll try talking to her and she's going to flip out on me, and probably saying something that she wasn't supposed to.

We didn't meet that long time ago, but fuck it was easy to get to know her. It was probably easy loving her too.

I went downstairs again, to clean all the mess up. I didn't want to give my mom more on the plate than she already had. She knew that dad was cheating on her, from the start.

I've questioned myself many times why she decided to stay with him, I came to the conclusion that it was for the money.

I have confronted dad about it several times, where we went from yelling, to fighting. No one would do a single thing about it. That was how our family was, the true fucked up, rich, white family.

I didn't give a shit about any of them, I lived my life as I wanted to. I couldn't care less about them or anyone else, well, only my sister.

I got up early in the morning, I went to my room to carry Veronica into one of the guest rooms. Making it look like she slept in there on purpose, so Kayla thinks she stayed for her.

Everything went smoothly when everyone was awake, no problems at all. I grabbed my phone and replayed the video Xavier took of us last night, the video where we made out.

Someone has to get more blackmailing.

Mom came home earlier than usual, making pancakes for Veronica and Kayla. I could hear them talk all the way from upstairs, wondering what they were talking about.

I walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen, taking a glass and filling it up with water. It was pretty obvious that she had some issues with walking.

"Remember to be home later, we have our monthly dinner!" Mom yelled out, I rolled my eyes.

"I can't, I'm going to Tyler's house later." What a pathetic excuse, now I had to find an excuse.

"I can't either, I'm going to my girlfriend's house." Was all I said, stealing one of Kayla's pancakes.

Mom sighed and shook her head.
"I'll come, if you want me to." Veronica said.

"I know I'm not family but—"

"No! We would love having you there, you're more than family." Mom said, with a big happy smile.

What the fuck. If Veronica goes, I have to show up too. This girl never makes things easy for me, god's sake. I took a bite of the pancake and went upstairs, changing my clothes.

I left the house to go hang out with Xavier, we decided to meet at the skating park. We usually hung out there, there was never anyone around.

I lit my cigarette up as I walked over to Xavier, he was sitting down. I sat down beside him and slapped his arm away from his cigarette, causing it to fall out of his hand.
"You're a fucking shithead, give me a new one." He demanded, I laughed and gave him one of mine.