Trip, Trap, Talk

Amber's POV

We had been on the road for a few hours now, and the silence was long and awkward. Most of the time, the only noise heard was the classic rock music coming from the stereo in the Impala. Someone would occassionally speak up and try to strike a conversation with everyone, but it never lasted long and generally ended in silence again.

Things should not be this awkward, but that's probably my own fault. I'm the one that's been avoiding Dean as much as possible. I should've never slept with him. It was stupid and a mistake. I so wish I could blame it all on the alcohol in our systems at the time, but we weren't that drunk. I remembered practically everything that happened. If only things were that easy, but they never were.

"Hey, Dean, can we stop for a few minutes? We've been in this car so long, I feel like my bladder's going to explode." Dakota broe the long silence as we passed a sign that said 'Gas Station: 5 Miles.'

"Yeah, and I could go for some food." Arya added. The two of them glanced at each other. I don't know why, but it seemed suspicious.

"Yeah, okay. No food in the car, though. Eat it outside." Dean ordered, speeding up a little after hearing Dakota's comment about the bathroom.

"Thanks!" They said simultaneously. Yup, definitely suspicious.

A few minutes later, we were pulling up to a gas station. I didn't really pay attention to what kind of gas station, nor did I care. Dakota and Arya each slid out of the car, poking their heads back in and saying, "Alright. We'll be right back," before closing the door.

They walked around the car to Sam's door and knocked on his window. I couldn't see that well from behind Sam, but I swear they were making hand signals. Oh shit. What are they doing?

"Um... I'm gonna go with them. Keep an eye on them." Sam said hesitantly. Dean dismissed him with a wave.

"I think I need to go to the bathroom too." I said as Sam opened his door. I moved to open mine as well but suddenly Arya was in front of it, pushing it closed.

I slammed my hand on the window, cursing. Sam was already out of the car. I tried to open the other door, but it wouldn't budge. Dean was having the same problem. The little lock switches on the doors didn't seem to budge either.

"Why won't the doors open?!" I shouted at Dean as we banged on the windows.

"I don't know! I-" He immediately stopped moving. He was staring at the ignition. "Son of a bitch. That jackass snaked the keys!"

Then Sam and the girls were standing in front of the car, laughing and waving the keys in our face. "Are you shitting me?!" Dean shouted angrily. "Let us out!" I exclaimed, equally angry.

"Not until you two talk!" Dakota replied, her voice a bit muffled through the glass. "This is for your own good." Arya added, and the three high-fived as they walked off.

I grunted. "You've gotta be kidding me." Dean was silent now, playing with the zipper on his jacket.

"What?" I asked him.

"They're not wrong, you know."

"About what? Locking us in a car will solve everything?" Now I was just letting off steam and being locked in a car was not a good place to do it.

"We haven't talked in how long?"

"We talk!"

"Bullshit."

"I talked to you when we left."

"No, you answered a question I asked. That's not the kind of talking I mean."

I sighed. He was right. We couldn't go on like this forever, and that would all be on me. I reluctantly crawled into the passenger seat and turned to face Dean. "Alright, let's talk."

"I'm not the one that has something to say." He pointed out, noticing I was waiting for him to start the conversation. I sighed. "I know. I'm sorry. I just..." I wasn't really sure where to start. "I don't know what to do." I decided.

He placed a hand comfortingly on my knee, which seemed odd for Dean, but I guess he had to have his soft spots. "You know you can talk to me, or even Sam, about anything."

"Not really when it's about you." I replied. He rolled his eyes, obviously knowing that that's what this was about. "Especially when it's about me." He told me.

I looked at him, then looked down nervously, not wanting to sound like a horrible person. "That night was a mistake." I stated bluntly. He didn't look offended or shocked or anything like that. "IT was wrong, and it shouldn't have happened."

"Hey, if you didn't like it, that's fine. I understand if you want to be with Cas. You met him first, anyway." He said, though I couldn't tell if he really meant it or not.

"But that's the problem! I did like it. And yes, I do have feelings for Cas, but I have feelings for you too." He leaned his head back, sighing as if to say 'Oh, thank God.' I could tell that's what he was thinking, but I tried not to laugh. "I don't know what to do, Dean."

He let out a long breath, rubbing his hand soothingly on my knee. "This is honestly a problem only you can solve, Amber. It's a matter of who you care for more and who makes you happy. I'll tell you now that I'll support whatever choice you make, and I'm sure Cas will too."

I chuckled once, a bit nervously. "Cas doesn't even know about this."

"Well, maybe it's best that way. Just don't think too much about it. Let it take you where it takes you." I nodded, smiling gratefully at him. He was being very chill and supportive about this. I wonder how he really felt about all of this.

"Thanks, Dean." He smiled and leaned over to kiss me on the cheek. I blushed, just a tad bit.

"Let me call Sam so we can get out of this damn car. I'm starving." Dean said, reaching for his phone.

"Question." I said, and he looked up at me. "Why don't the little lock things on the door work?" I leaned back, pulling on the lock switch on the inside of the door that wouldn't budge earlier. Cars like this, you can't usually get locked in so I wasn't sure what was going on.

"Oh, those have been jammed forever. Never bothered to get them fixed because I never thought my bitch of a brother would lock me in my own car." I laughed at the way he said that. That made so much sense. I wonder how they got jammed? Maybe I'll find out someday, along with many other Winchester mysteries that never made it to the books. I'm just glad Dean and I were okay now.

**HI GUYS! :D I know, it's been a while. SO SORRY :( I hate making you guys wait so long. WHICH MEANS I HAVE GOOD NEWS :DD I don't know how many of you actually saw my message but I have developed a schedule/system that allows me to update more consistently. So that means, MORE UPDATES FOR YOU GUYS :))) YAYYYY!!

I'll be posting the schedule on my bio once I rewrite it, but I did put it in the message if you want to see it. Starting this week, all of my fanfics will be updated once a week, not including spring break because that may be kind of hard... I might be able to but I don't know. I'll have to see.

So, what do you guys think of Arya and Dakota's little plan to get Amber and Dean talking? How about them getting Sam in on it?

What do you think of what Dean said to Amber, about the choice she makes?? 

Basically what do you guys think of everything XD I love reading your comments, and I hope to have many more!!

Thanks for all your support!! Don't forget to vote and comment!! I plan on going for a watty award once this is finished so I would love you guys forever (even though I already do XD) if you helped me make my stories more popular :) Tbh, I don't care about the fame, I just want to know what people think and make them happy :D

Until the next update.... See ya, my little fallen angels!!

~~Sky~~