Excited Much?

Amber's POV

**Yes, I realize a lot of these chapters are in Amber's point of view. Sorry, I'll try to write some more future chapters in other character's points of view. She is the main character though. Again, so sorry! Enjoy the next chapter! :)**

We pulled up in the parking lot in front of my apartment. There were about three spots that belonged to Dakota and me, which we never used since we parked out back, so Dean didn't even bother to park straight or in one spot, for that matter. I opened the door and was barely even out of the car when I was attacked.

It was just my sister, though, so its fine. She practically jumped me, nearly knocking me off my feet. I would've fallen if it hadn't been for the Impala behind me and Dakota's tight grip keeping me up. I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her to return the hug.

I patted her back before pulling away. She was smiling a big white smile. I swear she had been doing that from the moment she saw us pull up. "I'm so glad you're alive!!" She exclaimed, which made me laugh. I was just as surprised as the next person. I thought Metatron would've done something other than talk, but the guy didn't leave a scratch on me.

I looked my sister up and down. "Don't take this the wrong way but you look awful." I told her. Her hair was in a messy bun and it looked like it hadn't been washed since I went missing. She was barefoot and was wearing sweats and a baggy, one-shoulder tshirt with a tank top underneath. She didn't have her contacts in so she was wearing her glasses, and I could see that she had shadows under her eyes. She must have not gotten much sleep these past few days.

She shrugged. "Well, thinking of the possibility that your only sister could be dead will do that to you." We started heading inside with Sam and dean following behind and Cas waiting in the doorway. "And how could I not take that the wrong way?" She asked. I chuckled, leaving it at that.

Sam and Dean sat down in the living room while Cas just kind of stood by the couch. I followed Dakota into the kitchen to grab some beers for everyone but what I found wasn't my kitchen. Not the way I left it anyway. "What's with the liquor store, Koda?" There were empty bottles of beer, whiskey, liquor, basically every drink I've ever known Dakota to buy, strewn all over the kitchen.

"Like I said. You could've been dead." She replied, shrugging as she opened the fridge. "Seriously? I was gone for like two days." I told her as she handed me three beers. One for me, one for Dean, and one for Cas. She just shrugged again, pulling out two more and closing the fridge.

"Three if you count how long it took them to let me know you were back." I rolled my eyes, walking into the living room and handing Dean and Cas their beers. "A lot can happen in three days!" Dakota defended herself. I laughed and then sat down on the couch, next to where Cas was standing.

I looked up at him. "You got Koda all caught up?" He nodded and I smiled in thanks. I turned back to Dakota, who was sitting on the other side of the couch, and she had that same big grin back on her face. "You're a freaking angel, Amber! How awesome is that!"

I smiled as Dean spoke up. "Oh, yeah she's real excited about it!" I tried not to laugh at the goofy tone he used.

"But I thought-" Cas started but got cut off by Dean. "You thought wrong, Cas. She's just lovin' it!" Dean stared hard at Cas, trying to get him to understand. I watched them go through another one of their little nonverbal conversations and then Cas finally got what Dean was trying to tell him.

"Oh, right. Uh, yeah, Amber was just speechless when she found out." He sounded like he was trying to humor her. Technically, I was speechless but not in that context. I gave Dakota a small smile.

"So, how do we find your grace?" Dakota asked anxiously. I glanced at Sam and Dean. I didn't want to lie to her anymore than I already have. "Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Right now we should just chill out a bit. Have a drink." I said, raising my beer bottle before bringing to my lips. Sam and Dean raised theirs in return.

Dakota sighed, drinking her beer. Then something flashed in her eyes. Rememberance. She almost spit her beer back out. "Oh my gosh! Amber, the masquerade ball is Friday!"

"Yeah, but Koda, that's for students only." Every year Stanford held a masquerade ball. It was usually a week after Halloween, that Friday.

"Hellooo? College student right here? We can bring guests, ya know." She said. Huh, I forgot about that part. Well, I guess I had a ball to prepare for. "I can invite you and you can invite whoever you want! Sam?" She continued, turning to Sam as an invitation.

Sam swallowed his beer, taken a bit surprise by the invitation. "Uh, yeah, sure. Why not? Sounds fun." He smiled at Dakota which made her blush. I looked back and forth between Dean and Cas. "So, what do you say guys? Wanna go to a ball?"

Dean raised his eyebrows and made is 'Huh, why not?' face. "Will there be drinks?" I laughed, rolling my eyes. "Of course there will. This is college kids we're talking about." Dean nodded, chuckling. "Alright. I'm game."

I turned to Castiel. "Cas?" I asked. He glanced at everyone in the room, then back at me. "The people in this town do seem to throw good parties. You can count me in." I smiled at him and Dean.

"Awesome! And Phil can invite Arya!" Dakota said excitedly.

"Where are they, by the way? I thought they were staying here?" I asked. I hadn't really noticed they weren't here at first. I'm used to it just being my sister and me.

"Oh, Phil had to go work at the museum. Overtime. And Arya went for a walk to clear her head. She should be back soon with some grub." Dakota explained. I nodded in understanding.

"She gonna get take out?" Dean asked. I looked at him, confused. He sounded like he didn't want take out. He loved that kind of food though.

Dakota nodded. "Yeah, probably. Why?"

Dean waved his arm. "Text her not to. Get her to pick up some hamburger meat." Dakota and I glanced at each other. "Why?" We asked in unison.

"I can cook up a mean burger." Dean said with a smirk.

"You're kidding right?" Dakota asked. I didn't know what to say. He didn't seem like the type to cook.

"No, actually he's not kidding." Cas answered.

"Yeah. His burgers are amazing." Sam added. Dean smiled at the praise. He raised his eyebrows at Dakota, asking her, with his eyes, to text Arya. She chuckled and obliged, pulling out her phone.

"We've got everything you need to prepare in the kitchen." I told Dean as he stood up. He grabbed our empty beers and walked into the kitchen.

"Ooh, you guys are in for a treat." He said, opening the fridge.