Christmas Bet

Amber's POV

Christmas Day. Probably the most magical day of the year. It only comes around once a year, and it's never the same. This year's Christmas, in particular, was definitely something special.

We woke up that morning, same as every morning, in the Bunker. The mood was a bit different though. It was happier. All the Christmas decorations, the tree, and all the presents. It really brought out the best in everyone. I was actually surprised to see Sam and Dean really getting into the season.

I know everyone had the excitement of children. We were all anxious to find out what everyone got for each other. We tried to contain this childish excitement as we met in the library, but it seemed that Arya was way too psyched to keep it in.

She must have assumed that most of her presents would be fandom related because that's what excites her the most. I don't know what Sam, Dean, and Castiel got her, but I do know what Dakota, Phil, and I got her, and they were indeed fandom related.

"Hold on, hold on! You're just going to rip into your presents? Shouldn't things be a bit more organized than this?" Dean asked, stopping her in her tracks.

"I agree." Dakota chimed in.

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help smiling. "Of course you would agree."

"Hey, the presents don't even say who they're from! Each person should take turns opening their presents so we can tell them what's from who." That's how we did this, though I don't know why. I think it might have been what Arya and Phil always did with their family. They would make separate piles for each person's presents, no name or anything. They would try to guess what was from who, but I think we'll all be able to guess fairly easily.

"Fine." Arya sighed.

"Why don't we make this interesting?" Dean asked, raising his eyebrows. We looked at him in confusion. "What could be more interesting than opening presents?" I asked.

"Let's make a bet." Dean stated, glancing around at everyone in the room. Even Castiel was already here. I guess if you're an angel you are kind of obligated to love Christmas.

"What kind of bet?" Sam asked, his arms crossed.

"Let's see how long we can go without breaking. No one opens presents until... Hmm... eight o'clock tonight. If anyone asks, complains, begs, or tries to come and open them, they don't get to open their presents until New Year's Eve, and I don't know, we can add a little kick to it. Something involving alcohol." He raised his eyebrows in question.

We all glanced at each other to see what the other was thinking. It sounded fun, and it would be hilarious to watch someone squirm until New Year's Eve. As long as it wasn't me. I think I could handle going a whole day without opening presents. "I'm in."

Dakota shrugged. "Sure, why not."

"Count me in." From Phil.

"I'm game." From Sam.

"I'll participate." From Castiel. I mentally face palmed. He's absolutely amazing, but he's just so formal, and sometimes it just gets to me. I'm glad I didn't bust out laughing.

Arya was the only one that seemed reluctant. We all knew why. She was the one that was the biggest on opening presents. As impatient as I was, she was more impatient when it came to Christmas and birthdays. She LOVED getting gifts. She wasn't selfish or self-absorbed or anything, she just loves stuff.

"Come on, Arya, it'll be fun." I urged her. She sighed. "Fine, I'll do it."

*****

We all agreed on leaving the Bunker for the day so it would make it easier on everyone. However, we all had our part in trying to break someone else. Arya was already close to breaking so it was even worse when someone would tease her about her present. Dakota was teasing Arya, Arya was teasing Sam, Sam was teasing Dean, Dean was teasing me, I was teasing Phil, Phil was teasing Dakota (though I could tell he didn't want her to lose), and Dakota was teasing Castiel, who was the only one not teasing someone.