The Truth Comes Out

Amber's POV

I had closed my eyes as soon as I had felt us leaving. I was too freaked out to watch what the hell was happening. Now we're back on the ground, and I was almost scared to open my eyes. I could feel Cas standing next to me, unsure whether he should hold on to me again or walk away.

"What the hell, Cas?" I heard a deep, husky voice say. I opened my eyes to see a man standing there, holding a beer. He looked to be a little over six feet tall. He had short, spikey, dirty blonde hair and beautiful green eyes. Then I noticed another man in the room. He was sitting at the table, hidden behind a laptop. As soon as Cas and I had popped in and the other man had spoken up, he stood up. I held back a small gasp as he rose to his full height. He was about 6'4" and huge. His hair was long and brown.

"Sam. Dean." Cas started, looking from the taller one to the shorter one. I was already freaking out. Sam and Dean? I thought. "This is Amber."

The shorter one, who I assumed was Dean, looked at me real quick. "Yeah, hi." Then he looked back to Cas. "Cas, can we talk to you for a second?" Cas put his hand on my shoulder and followed Dean into the kitchen. Sam followed shortly after looking at me and mouthing, "Sorry."

So, I was left alone. In a room. In a building that I had never seen before. In God knows what town. I took the chance to look around. The room I was in was like a mini library. There were shelves stacked with old, dusty books. This place must have been pretty old. In the middle of the room were three wooden tables, each with a lamp. I ran my fingers along to spines of the books as I walked into the room next to me. It looked like the control room for the building. There were machines everywhere, plus a big table in the middle that looked like it had some kind of electronic map built into it. It seemed this room was the entrance to wherever the hell I was. The door was at the top of a set of stairs, so we must be underground. I started freaking out again. Could there actually be two hunters named Sam and Dean, living and breathing? I asked myself.

I heard the guys coming back into the library and quickly calmed myself down so that I wouldn't look like a hyperactive chihuahua about pee all over itself. "So, Amber?" Dean asked, making sure he got the name right. I nodded, looking for my voice.

"Hey, my name is Dean Winchester and this is my brother Sam." He motioned to Sam who nodded his head in acknowledgement. "Although, you've probably already figured that out, haven't you?" I assumed he was referring to the books. I nodded again. "What, don't you speak?" Dean asked with a small smirk on his face.

"Yes, I speak." I retorted. "I don't suppose you've ever run into characters from your favorite book series now, have you?" I heard Sam try to hold back a laugh and then Dean shot him a look that shut him up. He turned back to me. "Look, can you cut the smart ass attitude? We're trying to help here."

I couldn't help but smile. He sounded exactly like the Dean I read about in the books. "Well, I might as well give a proper introduction. I'm Amber Knight." I looked back and forth at the three of them. Sam had sat back down next to his laptop which he had closed. Dean was sitting on the corner of the table, one foot flat on the ground and the other dangling off the side. Cas was standing next to the table, behind Dean. I noticed he had taken his wings off. "So, is anyone gonna tell me what's going on? Are you guys actually... real? Like, real life hunters and everything?"

Dean smiled. "In the flesh."

I looked over Dean's shoulder at Cas. "So that means you're..."

"An angel of the Lord." He finished. Those were the same words he said to Dean when they first met. I nodded my head once.

"You're taking this all really well." Sam told me, a bit surprised. "Well, I can tell you right now that I'm no Becky." I reassured him. He laughed. "What I meant was, by now, normal people would be howling to the nuthouse." I laughed at that. He used that phrase a lot in the books. "You seem really chill."

I just shrugged. "I don't know... I don't really let things get to me, no matter how crazy they are. Believe me, I was completely freaked when I got here but now I'm getting used to it."

"Well, good." Dean said. "The last thing we need is another creepy, scared-out-of-her-wits, fangirl." He shivered at that, and I had to hold back a laugh. "So, about those voices..." Dean motioned for me to join them at the table. I walked to the other side and sat down next to Sam. He gave me a reassuring smile. Dean turned to face us. "Alright. Let's get this jury started." He knocked on the table as if he was holding a gavel. I let out a small giggle. Yup, these are my boys.