Girls' Night

Amber's POV

So far, we had been out for a few hours. We played a game of putt-putt which Dakota smoked us at. Eh. Putt-putt was never really my thing. Dakota was always really good at it which always surprised me because she was never really into sports. I wondered if she would be any good at the actual game, golf. She would probably hate it though.

After that we went shopping at the mall. We didn't spend a whole lot of money but we got some cool new stuff. We went to all of our favorite stores: Hot Topic, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Hollister, Wet Seal. I'm telling you, this time of year Wet Seal has a ton of plaid and it was awesome.

We also had a bit of fun, besides shopping. One of our favorite things to do at the mall was try on the most ridiculous things and take pictures. We would try on unbelievably tall heels and hideous dresses, but we would also try on amazingly expensive outfits that we could only dream of buying. It was sort of a 'family' tradition for us. We never passed it up when we went to the mall.

We also picked up a few things that would come in handy. As in, protection. We used our money for our regular girly shopping but used a stolen credit card Sam and Dean had given us for protection. They didn't exactly have a weapons store in the mall but they did have kiosks. One had an assortment of knives and daggers. Dakota had been wanting a butterfly knife so we picked her up one. She wanted to get it engraved so we're going to do that later.

I also got my own knife. Well, a dagger. I, too, would get it engraved. Arya didn't get anything. She said she already had a gun that she took with her when she moved to California. I had never known about that. We also got some zippo lighters. I figured they would come in handy eventually. Before we left, I made sure to buy a bottle of holy water. I wanted to be prepared for anything.

*****

We had just left the mall and were now heading to the bowling alley. Now, this was my game. I was a pro at bowling. I once got four strikes in a row when most people can barely get one.

We got out of the car and walked inside, up to the counter. We had decided we were just going to buy one game for now and then if we wanted to play another, we could come back and pay. "Three adults. One game." I said to man that was working. He looked to be a few years older than me. He was also mildly attractive, but my guys were way better looking than him. I glanced at his nametag which read Eric. He looked like an Eric.

"That'll be eighteen dollars even." He said. I turned to Dakota and Arya, letting them know I would pay. I opened my purse to grab my credit card. Not the stolen one. My actual card. I had just shoved it in my purse without sticking it in my wallet. I didn't even realize it was slightly wet when I handed it to him.

As soon as he grabbed it, he gasped in pain and dropped it. I tiny stream of smoke came off of his hand where he had touched the card. I looked inside my purse and noticed that the bottle of holy water I had bought was leaking. Aw crap. That means this guy was a demon. Alright, I'll just play it cool for now, act like I know nothing. Maybe he'll just leave us alone.

"Are you alright?" I asked, acting worried. He looked at the card then at my curious face. "Yeah, yeah. I just shocked myself. Carpet back here and everything." I nodded. He slowly picked up the card and turned around, wiping it off. Then he slid it in the register and handed it back to me. We gave him our shoe sizes and got our bowling shoes, then went to find our lane.

"Was that a demon?" Arya asked. I nodded. "It had to be. I know a way to find out for sure though. Let's just wait and see what he does." Dakota and Arya both nodded as we walked up to our lane and set up the game. Then we went to pick out our bowling balls. Arya and Dakota picked theirs pretty quickly but I take this seriously. I had to get a good one.