Castiel's Fluff

Dean's POV

Sam and I were back at the bunker. We just finished taking care of the nest of newbie vamps and were ready to help Castiel with his situation. Sam was in the kitchen grabbing some beers while I was in the bathroom washing my face like I always do to clear my head. I turned the sink off and dried my face, then walked into the library. "Man, where is Cas?" I asked, getting impatient. "Does he want us to help him with this or not?"

"Maybe he's having problems with his costume?"

I looked at Sam and closed my eyes. "He is going as an angel." I opened my eyes again. "How hard could an angel costume be for an angel?"

Sam shrugged as the sound of wings flapping surrounded us and Castiel appeared in front of us. "Hello."

Sam and I looked at each other then back at Castiel. "Uh, Cas?" Sam asked. Castiel looked at him. I added, "Are you ready?"

"Yes."

I stared at Castiel for a second. "Great. Just show up as some guy in a trench coat. It'll be so obvious you're an angel!"

Castiel hadn't gotten any wings. He was just wearing his regular clothes. "Oh." Castiel replied. "I'll be right back."

Castiel disappeared, and I looked at Sam like he was crazy. Sam shrugged and shook his head. We waited for about five more seconds and Castiel reappeared, wearing white wings.

"I, uh," I chuckled, "I guess fluffy suits you. Really brings out your eyes." I bent over, holding my stomach in laughter. "This isn't funny, Dean." Castiel scowled at me as he adjusted his fluffy, feathered wings he attached to the back of his trench coat.

Sam tried to hold back his laughter but eventually gave up. Castiel stood there, waiting for us to stop being so childish. "Ahhh.." I said, calming down. "Sorry man." I let out one more deep chuckle.

"So, how do you plan on figuring this out?" Sam asked him, curious. Sam and I weren't actually going to the party. We were hanging back at the bunker and if Cas really needed us, he would zap us over there. "Well, I thought I would talk to her." Cas replied, casually.

"No, dude." I stopped him. "You gotta stop talking to people. This girl is just a fan. Imagine what would happen if you started asking her all these crazy questions. You gotta be subtle. Just pay attention." Castiel nodded. "How do I be subtle?"

I did a face palm to my forehead. "Cas, just don't freak her out with a crap ton of craziness."

"Alright. I'll be back." He disappeared.

Sam looked at me. "So, what do we do now?"

I sighed. "Wait here and hope he doesn't screw this up." I took a swig of beer, sat down, and put my feet up on the table. And so we wait... I thought.