Forgive Me Brother

Castiel's POV

Two days have passed since Metatron took Amber. Sam, Dean, and I were trying everything we could to find her. Tracking spells, angel radio, even trapping and torturing. None of which has worked. Its like she just dropped off the face of the earth.

Dakota has been worried sick, as have we all. We've been calling them and giving them status reports on our findings, but everytime its the same thing. From what I've heard, Arya was staying at Dakota's apartment and so was her brother Phil. Sam and Dean refused to leave Stanford until we found Amber.

I fear that all of this is my fault. I let my curiosity get the better of me and dragged Amber into this. Now Metatron has her, and there's nothing we can do about it.

*****

I was walking through town alone. I had to take some time to myself for once. Sam and Dean were still researching ways to find Amber, but I honestly doubt they'll find anything. I admire their determination though. I didn't want to stop looking either. I had already failed her once. I wasn't going to let it happen again.

I just needed some time to think, without Dean yelling at me. I wasn't really sure where in town I was. I had stopped paying attention a while ago. I finally looked around to see where I was.

I was just passing a tattoo parlor. The sign was so old and worn that I could barely make out the name. The only reason I knew it was a tattoo parlor was because of the designs in the windows. I had actually gone to one when I was human so I'm accustomed to their looks. Across the street from me was a flower shop called 'Game of Thorns.'

I knew it was a reference to something but I didnt know what. I just knew if Dean were here, he would laugh. I looked at the end of the street and found the street sign. I was on a road called Sunset Boulevard. Interesting name.

'Castiel?' I stopped right there. Was that a prayer? Was someone calling me? 'Oh Castiel!' This didn't sound like any normal prayer. 'Come down here. I believe I have something of yours, brother.' Brother? It must be an angel. And what angel would have something of mine besides Metatron?

I followed the prayer and found myself in some sort of study. "Ah, Castiel! So glad you could join us!" Someone said. I turned my head and saw Metatron standing in front of a desk. I glared at him, then saw Amber slumped over in a chair.

I took a step forward. "Now, now, Castiel! Let's take a minute to chat!" Metatron interrupted. I continued glaring at him.

"I do not wish to 'chat'." I made it clear, using air quotes on the word 'chat.' I rushed over to Amber, taking her head in my hands. "What did you do to her?" I demanded, stroking her cheek and her forehead.

Metatron sighed and waved his hand. "Oh relax. She's just sleeping." I stood up slowly, turning to face him. "And why is she sleeping?"

"Well, I couldn't have her yapping the whole time she was here. It gets really annoying. And every little thing I do, she freaks out about." He paused slightly between each word in that last sentence. I placed my hand on top of Amber's in her lap.

"What do you want with her?" I asked angrily.

"Nothing anymore. She's no use to me." He replied, sitting on the edge of his desk. I was slightly confused. "Then why did you let her live?"

He threw one of his arms in the air, gasping slightly. "Because I'm a nice guy, Castiel! She's just a girl."

"You just let her go because you know she's useless." I told him, which I didn't think was true. There was something different about her. I could see that now, even if Metatron couldn't. He shrugged his shoulders.

I bent down in front of Amber again, moving her hair away from her face. I cupped her cheek in my hand, trying to wake her up. Nothing happened. "Wake her up." I demanded of Metatron. He sighed and then snapped his fingers. Suddenly, I was staring into her big blue eyes.

"Cas." She whispered, falling into my arms. I wrapped my arms around her, placing my hand on her head protectively. I stood up and took a step away from Metatron as she rested her head in the crook of my neck. I kissed her on top of her head, still glaring at Metatron.

"Oh, come on!" Metatron pleaded. "I gave her back. Quit being Mr. Grumpypants." I pulled Amber closer, wrapping my arms tighter around her. I could feel warm tears falling down her cheeks. I'm so sorry, Amber.

"You shouldn't have taken her in the first place." I growled at him. He had apparently thought that he had the advantage but now figures, she's not important. Well, to me, no matter what she is, she's very important. No way was I letting him take her again.

"Well, forgive me for being curious." I didn't want to hear anymore of his crap. I left there immediately with Amber clinging on to me tightly. I wasn't thinking of where I was going and ended up back in front of that tattoo parlor. I found a bench and walked Amber over to it. We sat down slowly and Amber finally looked up, her blue eyes glistening with tears.

"How did you find me?" She asked, her voice shakey. She whimpered a little and I shushed her softly. I put my arm around her, and she leaned into me.

"Whatever Metatron was looking for, he didn't find it. He called me to get you." I explained. She glanced up at me. "How long did he have me?"

"Only two days but we've been scouring the globe looking for you." I told her with a reassuring smile. She reached up and kissed me softly on the lips. "Thank you." She said, smiling.

"Of course." I told her. "We should get back to Sam and Dean. They need to know that you're ok." She nodded and sat up. We both stood up and this time, I asked her if she was ready before leaving. She smiled and nodded, wrapping her arms around me before we left for the motel.