Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Amber's POV

"So, what's next?" I asked, following Sam and Dean out of the shooting range. We had just retrieved all twelve of my arrows and the two knives I had thrown. Dean was clearly embarrassed at how well I had done that he refused to let me continue with weapons for the day.

"Combat." Sam answered.

"What, do you guys have a room for that too?" I asked jokingly. He glanced at Dean, not saying a word. "Oh, you're kidding me, right?" They both looked at me, giving me a half smile as they led me into a big padded room. No, not that kind of padded room. It was more like a gymnasium, with padding on the walls as well as the floor.

"Do you wanna change or...?" Dean asked, motioning to my clothes. I was wearing what I usually wore: a flannel shirt with a tshirt, skinny jeans, and combat boots. I looked back and forth between the brothers, my gaze landing back on Dean. "Have you two ever changed into more comfortable clothes before going into a fight?" They stayed silent, flitting their eyes around the room awkwardly. "That's what I thought."

I followed them to the middle of the room. "You ever gotten into a fight before?" Dean asked. I thought about it for a moment. My sister and I had never really had problems like that. We were always pretty well liked. There was one time, though, that someone made fun of Dakota for 'devil worship' because they saw her tattoo. I would've loved to send them on a date with my fist but I didn't. Plus, my dad only ever took me hunting. For animals.

"No, I haven't really had a need for learning to fight. I took gymnastics though." They looked at me as if they didn't believe me. I got that a lot. People seem to think that all little kids took gymnastics. To proove that I did, I fell forward into a five second handstand before standing back up.

"Awesome. So, we got Katniss the knife throwing gunslinger who also happens to be a freaking gymnast. Anything else you'd like to share with the class?" Dean said. I smiled, ignoring that last question. He would learn in due time.

"Alright, well let's see how hard you can punch. I'd assume pretty hard with that right arm of yours." Sam said. I nodded, flexing the muscles on my right arm. I was right hand, so it made sense that my right arm was stronger. I glanced around the room.

"You have a punching bag?" I asked, not seeming to find one. Surely there was one somewhere. Sam nodded. I stared at him, waiting for him to tell me where or to get it himself. "Me."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm the punching bag." I looked at Dean to see if he was being serious. By the look on Dean's face, he was dead serious. "I'm not gonna punch you, Sam." I told him.

"Aw, come on! I can handle it! You'd be surprised. Hit me with your best shot." I looked to Dean, once again, for assurance. He nodded. "I'd listen to Pat Benatar over here. He can really take a hit." Sam rolled his eyes at Dean's reference to the song he just accidentally quoted.

I sighed in defeat and reluctantly stepped in front of Sam. I readied myself, looking up at Sam. I guess he noticed how tense I was because he said, "Just relax. I'll be fine." I released most of the tension in my body. I still didn't want to punch him, even if he could take it.

I clenched my hands into fists, putting them out in front of my face. I pulled back my right arm, and as hard as I could, I threw a punch at Sam's abdomen. He didn't even flinch. "Holy shit!" I cried, cradling my hand against my body. "That's not a punching bag, that's a freaking brick!"

Sam chuckled as I instantly lifted his shirt, revealing his extremely toned abs. I had no words. None. I didn't even think it was possible for someone to have abs like that. Especially since that face sends a different message. I let his shirt fall back to his waist. "Maybe I should use Dean as my punching bag. He's probably softer."

At that, Sam busted out laughing. "Hey!" Dean defended himself. "I'll have you know I have very fine toned abs!" Sam and I couldn't stop laughing. We were like that for a good five to ten minutes. The whole time, Dean was just standing there with his arms crossed, waiting for us to finish.

We finally started to calm down, so we got back to training. "Don't worry about it. Its hard now because you're not used to it, so your fists are soft. They'll toughen up once you start doing some more punching." Sam explained. I nodded.

We spent a good amount of time on punching. They showed me how to get a stronger punch in the way I held my body. They showed me how to throw the different kinds of punches like the hook, jab, uppercut, and the cross. They even let me punch them in the face a few times. Obviously, I was reluctant, but it was kind of fun. Everytime I punched one of them hard enough to make them grunt, the other would laugh. Take a wild guess at who started that.

"You guys seriously need to get some punching bags." I told them when we were done with that. "What do you guys do when you wanna let off steam? Punch each other?" They chuckled at that.

"I don't punch things. I shoot them." Dean replied, turning to Sam. "And Sammy, well, he's a nerd. He let's off steam by researching himself to death." Sam rolled his eyes. I found that an interesting choice of words considering how many times they've died.

The next thing we worked on was fighting techniques. This part took the longest because I never got it down immediately, and Dean kept teasing me about the fact that I wasn't perfect at this. He was probably enjoying this, unlike when we did weapons training. He may have been doing that to get me to try harder, though, which I guess was smart.

Although, I did surprise him a few times. Like when he went to punch me in the gut. I grabbed his arm then kind of kicked my leg around it. Then I spun myself around him and wrapped my legs around his neck, still holding his arm, and brought him to the ground.

Honestly, I was a bit surprised myself. I let him go, and he immediately stood up to face me, brushing the imaginary dust off his clothes. I placed my hands on my hips, smirking. "Oh, so now you're freaking Black Widow too?"

I shrugged. "I was into the Marvel stuff while in gymnastics. I guess it just kinda rubbed off on me." He just kind of walked off to the side, patting Sam on the back. I guess that was his way of telling him 'Time to switch.'

So, now I was definitely better at fighting, but Sam said it would still need some work. We walked back out to the library, where I threw myself down on the couch. All that combat training really took it out of me.

"Hey, you want a beer?" Dean asked. I nodded. He and Sam walked into the kitchen. No doubt they were going to talk about how I did before bringing me my beer. I don't think they would have to worry about being alone to talk, though because before I knew it, I was drifting to sleep. My first day of training was complete and amazing, but also extremely exhausting. Now, I was one step closer to becoming a hunter.

**Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! Sorry about the whole thing with this and Winchester 3.0. I just really appreciate y'alls support and hearing what you guys think. It means the world to me to have followers like you!!

Again, a lot of stuff in this chapter I pretty much just made up. I don't know if there's a 'padded room' and there certainly isn't a couch in the library. But I just needed those things to make these chapters work. :)

I don't know when I'll update next. Soon I hope. But the next chapter will be very enjoyable because it'll be cute. And there will be fluff. ;) -wink, wink- ;) So, looking forward to that.

Remember to vote, comment, fan, and all that other good stuff! I'll see you in the next update. :) Peace, my bitches. :)
~~Sky~~