Remember

Dean's POV

"I can't believe we're actually doing this." I said, shaking my head in disbelief as we walked into the mall. 

"Tell me about it." Sam breathed, looking around wide-eyed at the crowd of people in the food court.

"Wait, you guys have never gone Christmas shopping?" Phil asked, shocked. 

"Never really been in the Christmas spirit." I told him. He nodded his head in understanding. "So, do you guys have any idea what you're gonna get, then?"

"No clue." Sam said, dodging fellow shoppers as we made our way through the food court. He was probably the tallest person here, and it was kind of funny watching him shove past little people.

"I think I have an idea for Amber... I'm not sure though."

We talked a bit as we walked through the mall, trying to decide what store to start in. "Why the hell do you need so many stores in one place? That's too much to choose from."

"Variety, Dean." Phil replied, rolling his eyes. "There are certain stores for certain things. Then there are the big department stores that have pretty much the same things for different prices. This one's the best. Everything is always on sale."

I gave him a look that said 'dude, really?', following him into the store called Kohl's. He shrugged. "I've practically lived with three girls for at least 5 years. Give me a break."

Just as we were walking into Kohl's, Dakota and Amber were walking out. We literally ran into them, causing them to drop their bags of recently purchased items.

"Oh my God, Sam!" Dakota exclaimed, dropping to the floor to pick up her bag before Sam could see anything. "And Dean! Phil!" She quickly added, blushing slightly.

"What are you guys doing here?" Amber asked, refusing to let us help her with her bags.

"Looks like the same as you. Christmas shopping." I told her, raising one eyebrow. I wonder if she had my present in one of those bags.

"You had to come right now?! To this store?!" Dakota shouted, trying to hide her things as best as she could.

I clapped each of my hands on Sam and Phil's backs. "Well, going now was Sammy's idea. He's a stickler for that kind of stuff. Gotta get it done ASAP! And..."

"Coming here was my idea." Phil finished, blushing when Dakota's eyes turned to him. I rolled my eyes. I swear, for a buff looking guy, he sure could be a girl sometimes.

"Where's Cas?" Amber asked, immediately changing the subject. I dropped my arms to my sides, and my joking manner was gone. I don't know what was wrong with me. I told her I understood her relationship with the angel and that I would be okay with her decision if she chose him. I just couldn't seem to grasp the idea that I might not be able to have her, and everytime it seemed like she had already made her choice, Castiel, I felt like an idiot.

"No idea." Sam answered, noticing my sudden change in mood. "We told him we were going shopping today, but he never showed up."

"Where's my sister?" Phil asked. Everyone was pretty much in on this whole Amber, Cas, and me thing... except for Cas. I was grateful to the guys for helping me out on this one. I couldn't stop thinking about it though so I just shoved past the girls and into the store, acting like I didn't see Amber's sympathetic look.

I stood by a table with a bunch of fancy looking watches, keeping my eye on everyone as they talked in the entrance. I was getting impatient. Finally, they said their goodbyes, and the girls left.