Road Rage

Dean's POV

It had taken a while to arrive at the store because well, the bunker was in the middle of nowhere for safety reasons. It wouldn't be an underground hideout if it was close to civilization.

Unfortunately, Baby was still in the shop waiting for me to get to work on her so I had to drive Cas' crap car. I still didn't understand why he kept this car. Yeah, it was convenient for times like this when I would prefer to drive then have him zap me somewhere, but he could at least get a cooler car. It doesn't help that Crowley practically called it a pimp mobile.

"Alright, let's head back." I told Amber and Cas as we walked out of the store, bottles of eggnog in hand. We had gotten extra, just in case. Everyone loves eggnog, and we were sure that it was going to be a long night. Not that that was bad.

The car ride over had been a little awkward. Amber and I were the only ones that knew why, too. I honestly respect her choice to keep it between us, and I was okay with giving her time to choose... But I don't know how much longer I could wait. I really cared about Amber and wanted her to be happy, but man, that girl sucks at making decisions.

It's literally been weeks since we had that talk and still, nothing. Not even a hint that she was close to making her decision. I didn't want to annoy her, but I felt like I would have to somehow get it out of her without directly asking her.

What I didn't realize was that tonight was that night. It wasn't exactly the smartest or safest way to do things, and I definitely felt guilty about it after it happened, but I wasn't exactly thinking straight.

Here's how it happened.

*****

"What the hell?" I muttered, still loud enough for Amber and Cas to hear. I glanced back and forth between my rear view and side view mirrors, watching a black Cadillac. "This car has been tailing me for the past twenty minutes!" I exclaimed, getting angry. People don't just randomly follow me unless they have something against me or whoever else was in the car. Meaning it was either a hunter, a demon, or an angel.

Amber and Cas both turned around to look at the car, not being discrete at all. I would fuss at them for being stupid, but I was too busy being pissed. "What do we do?" Amber asked, worry clear in her voice. She was a strong one, and when she was scared, she didn't show it very easily. Kind of like me.

"I can try to lose them, but I don't know if it'll work." I said, stomping on the gas and taking a sharp turn right. I sped up, I turned dozens of corners, I swerved. Nothing would do the trick. Whoever this guy was, never lost track of me.

"I'll take a look." Cas said before disappearing from the backseat.

It wasn't long before he returned, his face solemn. "My suspicions were correct. It's a demon. My guess is that he's here for Amber."

Amber sighed, annoyed. "Again?! Jesus, they just don't quit do they?"

"'Fraid not." I told her, giving her a sympathetic look. Now that the word was out, and spreading quickly, they would be after her most likely her whole life. I would do my best to protect her, and I know Cas would too. Right now was one of those moments.

We were just passing a 'Road Work Ahead' sign, and I got an idea so crazy that it just might work. It had a few casualties, though. "Cas, I hope you're not attached to this car."

He looked confused. "Um... Well, I guess not. It's no Baby, but it makes do." That was all I needed to hear. Actually, it wouldn't have mattered if he was attached to the car. If he loved it so much, he could have used some of his angel mojo on it and fixed it up.