Unwelcome Partygoers

Amber's POV

So here we all are at Phil's party. There's the usual group of me, Dakota, Phil, and Arya plus the guys now. A few of Phil's close friends from school were here too. Since he's not much of a people person, there were only three: Michael, Danny, and Liam. Danny would probably be his best friend out of the three, if he had a best friend other than us. He's the one Phil does the most with. They even both work at the museum. Liam used to play sports with him. Or I guess I should say Phil used to play sports with Liam. Liam still plays, but Phil quit a few years back when he realized it wasn't really his thing. They stayed close though. And Michael… Well, Michael is in just about every one of his classes. Phil's closer to Dakota, however, so he gets all of his missed notes from her. She's smarter, anyway.

There were also a few people at school that Phil talked to every once in a while, but he wasn't close to them. Not like Michael, Danny, and Liam. It's also fortunate that none of those three have read Supernatural. They didn't question Sam, Dean, and Castiel's names at all. They did wonder where the hell they came from, though. We just answered with the usual excuse 'old friends.'

Now, this party wasn't exactly anything special. It was pretty much just a hang out to celebrate Phil's birthday with a lot of food, cake, and drinks. As in alcohol. Everyone loves a good alcoholic beverage at a party. Or everyday if you're a Winchester.

I don't know exactly what we had planned for the party. I think we were just going to hang out, drink, eat, and listen to music all afternoon, and then tonight we would have a movie night or something. Just us, though. No Michael, Danny, or Liam. We'll just let what happens happen.

"Drinks anybody?" I asked, carrying three plastic cups of beer into the living room. I sat down in between Dakota and Arya, handing them each one. "What, no drink for me?" Liam asked, pretending to be offended. Liam was the one out of the three that I was most familiar with. I guess you could say that aside from Phil, he had been my best guy friend. He was amazing at lacrosse, too. Totally irrelevant but whatever!

I furrowed my brow. "Hmm. Let's see, if you can beat me at target practice, I'll get you a drink." I offered him. He immediately stood up. "Right, I'll go get it then." He flashed me a smile before heading into the kitchen. Dakota, Arya, and I laughed. Liam was a competitive person and hated to lose, especially to someone like me with a bow and arrow. Don't get me wrong, he definitely was not a sore loser.

"Cheers!" Dakota exclaimed as Liam disappeared into the kitchen. We all hit our cups together and took a sip. I glanced to the side where Sam and Dean were talking to Danny by the staircase and caught Dean's eye but quickly averted my gaze. I hated acting this way but couldn't help feeling awkward about what happened.

Apparently Dakota sensed my uneasiness because she nudged me and said, "You really should just talk to him." I heard what she said but it felt like I had been in a daze, thinking thoughts that I didn't want to deal with right now. I've been telling myself that for a week now.

"What?" I instinctively asked. Dakota rolled her eyes. "Dean. You two have barely spoken all week." I caught a side long glance of Dean who, thank God, wasn't looking at me anymore. I shrugged, muttering. "There's not much to talk about."

"There's plenty to talk about!" Dakota huffed, lowering her voice so no one would hear what she was about to say. "You just don't want to face the fact that you have to choose between him and Cas."

I stayed quiet, letting her know that I wasn't going to talk to him, and I wasn't discussing this anymore. At least not here. Not now. Arya was listening intently, looking back and forth between the two of us and not saying a word.

Dakota sighed. "Fine." She then stood up, which caused my heartbeat to speed up because she sounded like, and looked like, she was about to do something I really wouldn't like. "Koda, what are you doing?" I asked nervously.