Welcome Home

This is it guys!!! :')

*****

Amber's POV

As soon as we got there, I couldn't believe where we were. It all looked so different and unusual now that our lives had changed so greatly. It looked... empty. It was the Frost Ampitheatre. The place where I held my Halloween party, the place the Masquerade Ball was always held. Every big party was kept here.

And now Metatron was using it as a prison cell for my friends. I guess he just figured that it was big enough so if anything went down, no one would know about it. There aren't really any houses around, and no one ever takes a stroll by. Plus, this place meant something to my friends and me, so he thought it would be perfect. I hated him even more for it.

"What now?" I asked, to no one in particular. Whether it was Gadreel standing next to me or Metatron hidden somewhere in the shadows, I didn't care. I just wanted answers. Metatron wanted me, but Gadreel wanted to help me. So what were we supposed to do now?

"Amber, darling!" That cold voice came out of nowhere with a clap of hands. I gripped the angel blade in my sleeve tightly. It wouldn't do much, but it would hurt him at least a little. I wanted so badly to rip his face off. "So glad you could make it."

"I did what you said. I met your little angel and came here. Now let my friends go."

"Well that wasn't the deal exactly, but since you played along so beautifully, I'll set them free." I was honestly surprised he obliged so easily. What was he playing at? He snapped his fingers and all six of them appeared, perfectly fine, around the room.

Sam, Dean, and Cas looked ready to attack Metatron right there. He held up his finger, as if he knew exactly what they were thinking, which he probably did. "Now, now. I wouldn't suggest trying anything unless you want to die."

"It'll be worth it." Dean spat, glaring at Metatron.

"Would it be worth it if poor Amber died along with you?" He sneered, grinning that devious smile. Dean tensed up but backed down. "Good." I turned to Dean, waiting for him to look my way. As soon as he did, I nodded, trying to tell him it was going to be okay. I sure hoped it was.

"Gadreel, you can stand down. You've done wonderfully." I expected him to leave, but he didn't. Thank god. He just simply backed off into the shadows. If he had a plan, I hope he didn't need to tell me, because I had no clue what was going on. "Now, Amber. All you have to do is simply take this, and come join me. Then your friends will remain safe."

He held out a tiny glass vial that was illuminated with some kind of light. Angel grace. My angel grace to be exact. I had no intentions of becoming an angel again but if that's what it took to save my friends, then that's what I would do... unless Gadreel revealed his plan to me, which would be very nice right about now. I decided to stall.

"Why do you want me, anyway? What's so special about me, there are plenty of fallen angels out there." I slowly started backing up so that I could stand closer to Gadreel and farther away from Metatron. I had no idea how I was going to get this plan out of him. Angel radio was definitely a no-go, and he was standing right there, so whispering it to me wouldn't work.

"But you're not just any fallen angel, Amber!" He clapped his hands together again. "Do you have any idea how powerful you are? How powerful you could be if you took this and joined me?"

"And what makes me so powerful?" I glanced back to Gadreel, who I noticed was looking at Dean. Maybe that's what he was doing. Some how he was getting the plan across to Dean, who would then get it across to me. All I had to do was keep Metatron distracted. Simple.

"Amber! You have such passion for everything you do! When you originally fell from Heaven, you were... sort of the rebel type, I guess you could say. You never listened to what God wanted, only did what you wanted."

"Wait, you know why I fell?" I asked. Now I was actually interested. I had been wondering that very thing ever since I found out what I was.

"Well, of course! You don't?"

"Sorry, I'm a little wiped clean of angel memories. You're going to have to refresh my memory."

"You fell, Amber, because you became very passionate about a certain human. God had very big plans for this human, however. He didn't appreciate you interfering... not to mention this man was married." Woah, wait, what?! I fell in love with a married man? Well, that's something that doesn't happen everyday.

"Who was this human that God had such big plans for? Why did he have to throw me out of my... home?"

"Oh, I'm sure you've heard of him. If not, the Winchesters and Castiel most definitely have." Wow, he was getting on my nerves. I wish he would just say it already. "His name was Jimmy Novak."

"What?!" Sam, Dean, and Cas all said at the same time.

"Jimmy Novak.. Wait, but that's Castiel's vessel isn't it?"

"Indeed!" Metatron replied, pleased with the confusion he had caused. What was worse was that we were all distracted ourselves with this news, and Gadreel couldn't finish the plan.

"You're telling me that I fell in love with Castiel's vessel, and God kicked me out of Heaven because he was gonna put an angel in him?"

"Well, that and you went against the rules and fell in love with a human. In those days, angels weren't supposed to interact with humans, unless they were taking possession of them." I cringed at the way he worded that. He made it sound so... sinister.

"If my actions were that bad, then why would God let me back now?"

"It is not God's will. I am the new ruler of Heaven. I make the decisions. And I want you back up there, standing by my side." Ugh, I hated the sound of it so much. I was tired of waiting for a plan, so I made my own.

"My friends will survive?" He nodded. "Oh yes, of course. Wouldn't dream of hurting them." I rolled my eyes, glancing around at everyone nervously then back at Metatron's outstretched hand, holding my grace.

"Don't take it, Amber!" Phil. God, he should know by now when to nut up and when to shut up. Now, he needed to shut up. I ignored him, and luckily so did Metatron. I smiled sweetly at him, but also a bit nervously. He would never believe me if I just all of a sudden gave in so easily.

I began making my way towards him, slowly. Once I was in front of him, I reached one hand out to take my grace, the other behind my back. He smiled widely. "Very good!" But instead of taking my grace, I whipped my hand out from behind my back, angel blade in hand, and stabbed him in the arm. The arm that he was holding my grace in.

He cried out in pain, and the grace went flying. "Ah, you little bitch!" He screamed, pulling out his own weapon. Oh shit. I wasn't prepared for this. "I told you no weapons!"

"And you thought I would listen?" I knocked his blade off balance and took another blow to his gut. This obviously wouldn't kill him, but it would give the others enough time to get out. I could hear Gadreel urging them to leave, but I should have known they wouldn't. Not without me.

Metatron was a lot stronger than me. I really had no chance against him. He knocked the blade out of my hand, and I was defenseless. He was done with me now. No way was he even considering taking me in. He was going to kill me right here and now. "You just never listen do you?" He spat, lowering the blade on me.

Suddenly, Cas was shouting. "Shield your eyes!" He turned to him, and he was looking at me sadly. He mouthed 'I'm sorry' before throwing something against the ground. It bust into pieces and the room erupted in a bright white light... that was coming towards me.

It filled the room at first but soon it was filling me. I could hear a lot of screaming, probably mine. It was so strong, I was afraid it would kill me. That's when I blacked out, hearing nothing more than a whisper.

"Welcome home, Sofiel."