Holy Terror

Dean's POV

There were still two angels left. I had just killed one out of the two that were attacking me, and Sam was fighting the other one. They put up a pretty good fight, considering they didn't even have to fight. I bet they just enjoyed thinking that they were kicking our ass.

I went for the kill but the angel flung me against the wall. I turned to my right and Sam was the same way. The two guys looked at each other, then the one in front of me stepped forward and said, "Thanks. Got what we needed." Then both angels disappeared, and Sam and I fell to the ground.

"What the hell was that about?" I asked, completely shocked. Got what we needed? What was that supposed to mean?

Sam shook his head, trying to catch his breathe. "I don't know. Let's get out of here." I followed Sam out to the Impala. "So, what happened to that other angel dick that was trying to kill you?"

Sam shrugged. "I don't know. I didn't see much because the other one was about to stab me. I just felt him let go of me and then he was gone."

I considered that but said nothing. Surely the angel wasn't scared. He had the advantage. Why would he run? Something wasn't right. I shook it off as we came into view of the Impala.

I looked in the backseat but only saw two people. Arya and Dakota. I opened the door quickly. "Where's Amber?" I asked. Please tell me nothing happened to her.

Dakota shrugged. "I thought she was with you. She told us to keep running and that she would be right behind us."

I put my hand to my forehead. Oh God. "And you listened to her?!" I yelled. Both girls flinched at my tone but I was too freaked out to care. "Sam, stay with these two. I'm going to find Amber." Sam nodded with that sympathetic puppy dog look on his face. I didn't need sympathy right now. I needed to know that Amber was ok.

I stormed off, back into the tunnels. I had no idea which one to turn down so I just went with my gut. The tunnel I chose was darker than most but still light enough to see. I saw a faint outline of a body at the end of the tunnel and took off running. I wasn't sure if I was hoping it was Amber, or hoping it wasn't.

I got to the body and saw it was one of the angels. There was a stab wound in his chest but no angel blade in sight. Amber must have done this. That's why Sam had no idea what happened to the other one. I wanted to be proud that she actually killed an angel but all I could think about was that she could be dead.

I went to turn around when I saw something small and shiny about a foot away from the angel's corpse. I stopped in my tracks and slowly stepped over the angel. I bent down and picked it up, examining it. It was a ring. An snake ring to be precise. Amber's snake ring. I had seen her wearing it at the bunker.

Then I remembered what the angel had said. 'Thanks. Got what we needed.' I shot up instantly and started running back towards Sam. Son of a bitch. I thought.

I got to the car and saw Sam step out slightly when he saw me running. "The dick took Amber!" I yelled.

"What?" Sam asked, confused as I got in the driver's seat.

"Metatron. He took Amber. That's what the angel meant. That's what they came for." I showed him the ring and Dakota snatched it out of my hand. "That's Amber's ring!"

"Yeah, how do you think I got to the conclusion of 'Metatron took her'?" I asked sarcastically and very annoyed. She rolled her eyes and went to put the ring in her pocket. I held out my hand as I sped away. "Uh, no. Give that back."

"Why? Its my sister's ring. You just met her." Was she always this hardheaded and stubborn?

"It could be useful to track her." I waved my fingers, waiting for her to place the ring back in my hand. She sighed and I felt a pinch of cold from the metal as she placed it in my hand. I curled my fist around it, not wanting to lose it.