Meeting for the First Time

Castiel's POV

I appeared outside and found the blonde girl sitting on a bench. Luckily, her back was to me so she didn’t see me appear out of thin air. I walked over to her. “Hello.”

The girl stood up and turned to face me. “Can I ask why you’ve been staring at me like some creepy stalker?”

I looked down, a bit embarrassed. “My apologies. You just look very familiar.”

“Really?”

“Yes. Have we ever met before?”

The girl smiled flirtatiously. “No, I think I would’ve remembered that.”

I looked at her. I didn't quite understand what she meant by that. “My apologies.”

“No it’s fine.” The girl replied. “I’m Amber.”

“My name is Castiel.”

Amber looked at me, a question beginning to form. “Castiel? As in the angel Castiel?”

I stared at her, stunned. “You’ve heard of me?”

“Well, yeah, from the Supernatural books anyway.” She answered, thinking I would have understood. “I thought you might have been a fan with the outfit and everything.”

Sudden realization dawned on me. I remembered the series of books about Sam and Dean’s lives written by the prophet, Chuck Shurley. “Of course, the books. Um, yes, I’m a fan.”

“So, were you born with that name and just lucky enough to be a fan or did you have your name changed just for the books?” Amber smiled playfully.

“Castiel is my true name.” I replied, completely serious and not knowing that she was kidding.

“Well, that’s pretty awesome.”

“Thank you.”

Amber took a pen out of her purse and grabbed my hand. “So,” as she was writing her number, “maybe I’ll see you around?”

I smiled slightly, a little confused. “Of course.”

Amber smiled at me and then walked back into the restaurant to meet her friends. I assumed that they would ask her all about what just happened. I watched her walk inside, and then I disappeared, not quite ready to go back to the boys.