The Man Behind the Mask

Amber's POV

When we arrived back at the apartment, I noticed the Impala was still parked out front. I guess Sam and Dean decided to stay for a while. I figured they would've been gone by the time we got back.

We walked inside and didn't see anyone immediately. Then when we walked into the kitchen, I saw that Sam was sitting at the table reading something. I glanced behind me at the shelf in the living room and saw an empty spot. It was in front of the last three Game of Thrones books. Sam was reading the first book. I chuckled, and he slightly jumped.

"Good book?" Dakota asked, noticing that he must have not heard us come in. That was definitely a sign saying that he was completely immersed in the book. He smiled. "Yeah. A friend of mine actually showed us season one of the TV show so I wanted to read the books. Then I saw that you two had them so..." He trailed off, not needing to finish the sentence.

"That's fine." I told him. "Borrow it for as long as you need." He gave me a greatful smile then closed the book. "So, you're home early."

"Yeah, we didn't really plan on staying out very long." I explained. Which, like I said before, was the truth. We just happened to also run into a demon.

"Amber." I heard Dean's voice call from the stairs. I turned to him and smiled. "I was wondering where you were." He glanced at Sam, then back at me. "Can we talk?" I nodded, staying where I was. "Alone." He added. Right.

I excused myself from Sam and Dakota's company and followed Dean upstairs. I guess we were going back into my room. I wonder what he wanted to talk about? I honestly couldn't think of anything that we couldn't talk about in front of Sam and Dakota.

Dean and I walked into my room, and then he motioned for me to sit down. I sat on my bed and crossed my legs. He looked worried... and nervous. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

"There's something I need to tell you." He replied. I nodded for him to continue, and he let out a big breathe. "Its me."

"Come again?"

"Zorro. I'm Zorro, Amber." He finally got it out. My mind suddenly just shut down. Its like I could hear what he was saying to me, but I couldn't process it. I was not expecting him to say that. "Well say something." I didn't even realize I had just been gaping at him for like five minutes. I couldn't seem to find my voice.

"You're..." I was having trouble forming my sentences. "You... are the man... behind the mask?" I finally completed the question, disbelief showing plainly on my face. He nodded. I stood up, slowly so I wouldn't fall from lack of working brain cells. "Did Sam tell you about Zorro? Or Koda?" Yeah, I thought he was making this up, like he had some big crush on me or something.

"What? No, Sam knows I'm him... and he's me." He answered. I still didn't believe him since Sam told Dakota he didn't know who Zorro was. So, I walked up to him and stood right in front of him, as if we were about to dance. I looked up into those big green eyes of his and there it was. Those were the exact same eyes that Zorro had. No wonder they looked so familiar.

I took a step back, trying to relax while still working on processing all of this. "I need a drink." I stated. "I support that." He replied, smirking. I smiled and led him downstairs into the kitchen. Sam and Dakota were in the living room now, talking about who knows what.

I walked over to the fridge to pull out some whiskey but found that it was empty. We had no alcohol in the kitchen. None. "Damnit, we're out. Having you guys around has wiped us clean fast." I said.

"Well then, why don't I buy you a drink?" Dean suggested, raising his eyebrows. I smiled. "As long as you don't limit me." I replied.

"Aw, come on. You know me better than that." I chuckled, nodding my head. I hadn't put down any of my stuff so I just had to let Dakota know we were leaving. Dean and I walked into the living room to tell her and Sam.