Mystery Phone Call

Amber's POV

October 25, 2013
Dakota’s still sleeping. I thought this would be a good time to write. I met someone yesterday: Castiel. He’s handsome… and a fan of the Supernatural books. Go figure. I gave him my number yesterday, so I hope to see him again. Koda and Arya seemed thrilled about it. My party is in less than 2 weeks, and I’ve decided on my costume: a fallen angel. Koda wants me to invite Cas to the party but I don’t know. I just met him. I guess I’ll see how I feel about that soon enough…

As I finished writing in my journal, my phone began to ring. It was a rock ringtone. No words, just music. And it was pretty loud. “Crap.” I picked up the phone. I didn’t recognize the number, but I was panicking about the noise so I answered it anyway. “Hello?”

“Hello, Amber.” The voice on the other end said.

“Wh-“ I started in a hushed tone. “Cas?”

“Yes.” He replied. “You gave me your number so I assumed…”

“Yeah, of course!” I assured him, still whispering.

“Why are you whispering?” He asked, curious.

“Oh.” I looked towards the closed door. “My sister is sleeping. She has school early today.”

“You don’t?”

“Ha, no, I graduated last spring.” I explained.

“Ah. So… You aren’t doing anything today?” Cas asked me.

I smiled. “Well, usually I do something with my friend, Arya. Why? Did you have something in mind?”

“Well, actually,” Cas replied, a little embarrassed, “if you’d prefer to spend time with your friend-“

“Cas.” I cut him off. “It’s fine. What do you want to do?”

“Well…” Cas hesitated, possibly nervous. I wondered if he had ever done anything like this before. “I thought maybe we could go for a walk, and I could buy you lunch.”

“Castiel,” I replied, teasingly, “are you asking me on a date?” I smiled.

“Well, yes, I supposed.”

I laughed. “Alright. I guess meet me outside my apartment complex. It’s about a block away from Main, on the corner of Ashland and Enterprise.”

“I’m on my way.” The reciever clicked, and I hung up. I got up and got dressed as quickly and quietly as I could. I grabbed my phone then silently walked out of my room to leave Dakota a note.

“So, mystery phone call and now you’re sneaking out without saying goodbye?” Dakota smiled.

I turned to face my sister. “It wasn’t a mystery phone call, and you have school, little sis.” I raised one eyebrow at Dakota.

“Then who is meeting you outside the apartment complex?” Dakota smirked, proud of her skill for eavesdropping.

“God, why do you have to be such a light sleeper?”

Dakota shrugged. “It’s a gift as well as a curse. Now tell me!” She shouted, suddenly anxious.

I let out a long breath. “If you must know, it’s Cas.”

Dakota grinned and clapped her hands in excitement. “Goody! He called you!”

I rolled my eyes. “Yes, he did. Now if you’ll excuse me…” I turned around and started walking downstairs, towards the door. Our apartment was two stories. It wasn’t that big though. My room and Dakota's were upstairs along with a bathroom. Downstairs was a kitchen, a half-bath, and a little living room area.

“If you mess this up, I’m taking him!” Dakota shouted from behind.

I chuckled. “I thought you were a Sam girl?”

“Well, yeah,” Dakota assured me, “but there’s no denying that this guy is hot!”

“Bye, Koda!” I shouted upstairs as I opened the door. I stepped outside into the cool autumn air. This was my favorite season. I loved the cool, windy air. Not too cold, not too hot. Just perfect.